Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
What oil filter do you use? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What brand oil filter do you use on your BMW?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mahle

16 61.54%
  • Mann

17 65.38%
  • Fram

1 3.85%
  • Other

1 3.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What oil filter do you use?

I used Mann filters (spin-on) exclusively on the E30 because they were cheap and available locally and recommended by my favorite BMW master tech (he had a long explanation about that spring-loaded deal being good for oil pressure on startup and at idle.)

I use Mahle or Mann filters (cartridge type) in the E36, depending upon what the local import parts house has in stock, but I usually special-request Mahle because they have metal caps and a perforated metal support ring around the actual filter element, which makes 'em feel more sturdy than the Mann versions (with plastic caps and no support ring IIRC.)

I have no bias for or against Fram, having used 'em on several Japanese cars for many years with no issues.

Jon

i used to have this Mahle BMW oil filter, this much produce power and energy to my car engine parts. simply works well.

Quote Originally Posted by danzel View Post
    i used to have this Mahle BMW oil filter, this much produce power and energy to my car engine parts. simply works well.

Oil filters do not "produce" power or energy to your car's engine. They merely remove contaminants from your engine's oil.

I use Mann on my E46 and on my MB 300SD TurboDiesel, too. But, I used Fram on my Chrysler V-8's marine engines. That was, what seems to be in engine engineering terms, light years ago and long before the commercially available synthetic oils. Oil filters were different in 60's, 70's...and not trying to be 'smart' about it but they were. Now, most manufacturers use the same materials and quality of construction. I am a fan of Mann for my German vehicles and Fram for everything else. Guess I'm kinda loyal that way.
    "Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

Thread Information