Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Lap Times & My Ribs Hurt

Thread: Lap Times & My Ribs Hurt

Hybrid View

Question Lap Times & My Ribs Hurt

I was looking over the times from the 10 Dec MiniGP and yesterday's races. The lap times seem to have dropped dramatically since December. On the order of 2.5-3.0 sec/lap. I know they changed the track layout a little since before Christmas, but I wouldn't think it would account for that much time. Maybe the karts got a good overhaul: tires, clutches, etc.

Anyway, I thought it was some good racing last night. There were 3 of us dicing it up for all 40 laps on my first race and it was all very clean. In the second race (C Class) I was lucky enough to get on pole and was able to get off the front while everyone else was jockeying for position. I was racing hard for all 40 laps of each race and I have the bruises on my ribs to prove it Speaking of bruises, I noticed some folks with some padded vests. I think I need to invest in one those. Any idea where I can find them?

Cheers,

--Jim
    2002 M3 6MT

Jim,
    Call me or stop by our showroom (OG Racing) for that rib protector that Gerald wears.

As far as the karts go, I was there two weeks ago, on a Saturday, and set a blistering lap time in a Super Kart, like 22.4! It was the second fastest time of the month of December. I was very proud. Anyway, I went there again last Friday evening, and learned that on Wednesday oil had been dumped all over the track, from a kart's open drain plug (someone's mistake). The oil on the track mixes with the rubber compound in the tires causing them to become extremely sticky, and usually brings the lap times down a great deal, usually 1-2 seconds. Now, I drove a 9 hp Super Kart again, and dipped into the 21s, and once I got the feel for the added grip reeled off several 21.6 lap times, with my best ultimately being a 21.4! After my second session, the track changed again, and times finally started to slow down.

This weekend, they hosted the Kids School and League. I assume this is why the track was changed back to its previous configuration, and they usually polish the track clean somehow. I think when a large group like ours runs several laps over and over, like we did yesterday, the times fall again. I asked and felt like the track change may have been good for some time. Not sure, though. So, I think the quick lap times were the result of several factors, still some oil on track, new configuration, large group meaning good tire to track adhesion, and the karts could've been running strong because of the relatively cool and dense air.

Brian
    (703) 430-3303
    brian@ogracing.com

Hahahha. I was there the night the brand new kart dropped all 6 quarts of oil on the track. It was an interesting and fun feeling to say the least! We would be gripping, the sliding, then gripping again.

Yes, the karts have gotten unusually fast. Before, I used to average in the 25's, but now I am averaging in the 24's. My friend tried karting for the very first time, a few weeks ago, and ran a 23.xx!! I feel more confident in my lines and my driving as well, so maybe that has a little to do with improving my times.

I ran on saturday night with a best of 23.516 & an average of 24.183.

p.s. I might need to stop by your shop and check out the rib protectors as well. heh.
    -John
    1995 Hellrot M3........needs more mods

Thanks Brian,

I presume, based on the times for the order line, that the showroom is NOT open Saturdays, right? If that's the case, then I probably can't get there until next Monday.

I definitely found lots of grip out there yesterday. I went from the mid-25's in December to the mid-22's last night. I knew I couldn't have improved 3 sec/lap just on my own

Cheers,

--Jim
    2002 M3 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by shoe View Post
    Thanks Brian,

I presume, based on the times for the order line, that the showroom is NOT open Saturdays, right? If that's the case, then I probably can't get there until next Monday.

I definitely found lots of grip out there yesterday. I went from the mid-25's in December to the mid-22's last night. I knew I couldn't have improved 3 sec/lap just on my own

Cheers,

--Jim
    OG Racing is open from 10-2 on Saturdays. As far as yesterday was concerned, there must have been at least one kart dripping oil all night long as parts of the pit lane was speckled with oil.

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    OG Racing is open from 10-2 on Saturdays. As far as yesterday was concerned, there must have been at least one kart dripping oil all night long as parts of the pit lane was speckled with oil.
    That was the kart I used. 3rd of three runs I did that night, it started spewing oil everywhere. Was a humorous drift session for the next couple laps, though.

Either way, what a blast and different experience in karting with a really sticky track. I could feel the inside wheels hoping slightly in tight corners, bummer for those who missed out. Sorry to hear about your ribs guys!

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by gspot35 View Post
    Either way, what a blast and different experience in karting with a really sticky track. I could feel the inside wheels hoping slightly in tight corners, bummer for those who missed out. Sorry to hear about your ribs guys!

Craig
    Craig and to the rest of you,

If you ever make a trip to do an HPDE @ VIR, I HIGHLY recommend you do their karting facility. $50 for 1 hour, 5/8th's of a mile long outdoor track with tarmac. The best & most fun karting I have ever done. Blows allsports & F1 Boston out of the water. But make sure you do bring a rib protector as their seats hurt!
    -John
    1995 Hellrot M3........needs more mods

Thread Information