DOES THE B IN THE BMW SUMMER 2007 TOUR STAND FOR BEEP?

There is no better way to spend a 70 degree Saturday in January than to put the top down and plan YOUR summer 2007 NCCBMWCCA tour into Dutch Country Pennsylvania. Miriam and I left home just before lunch with maps, the navigation system, and touring guides of Pennsylvania, including wineries.

After about 15 minutes into the trip, there was a “beep” from the dash area of “Senior Moment”. One single “beep”. I checked the outside temperature. No, it was 68 degrees, not 37. There were no other indicators lighted on the dash. The emergency brake was off. The top was completely open. So, we continued. About ten minutes later, “beep”. This time I pulled off the country road, lifted the hood (like I could really see something), checked the tires, and checked the doors. I still found nothing. Miriam suggested I call the dealer since they are open on Saturdays. I turned off the radar detector and navigation systems, and we headed to my daughter’s house. Her husband is a mechanic and he could figure it out.

Just before we got there, “beep”.

I took the manual into their house, and he stopped working on his TransAm to help me look for the problem. While we were sitting in the kitchen, looking for help in the BMW manual, “beep”.

Did you know that the new Motorola RAZR V3m, in Miriam’s pocketbook, goes “beep” every ten minutes when you miss a call?

Mark your calendar NOW. On Saturday, August 11, 2007, we will travel through Baltimore and Carroll counties of Maryland and end up near Gettysburg Pennsylvania. My route avoids all the summer traffic in Gettysburg, we have two possible restaurants, and one great winery already on our plan. I will keep our web site updated as planning progresses.