Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NCC March 17-18 Drivers' School - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: NCC March 17-18 Drivers' School

Just pre-registered up...you can rent helmets at the track right? If not, does anyone have an extra one?

Quote Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
    Just pre-registered up...you can rent helmets at the track right? If not, does anyone have an extra one?
    I sent you an email but for the benefit of others.
    OG Racing rent helmets. I don't know if their track store rent helmets, but it would probably be closed that early in the morning anyway.
    Call OG Racing in Dulles at 800-934-9112.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    I sent you an email but for the benefit of others.
    OG Racing rent helmets. I don't know if their track store rent helmets, but it would probably be closed that early in the morning anyway.
    Call OG Racing in Dulles at 800-934-9112.
    They do, but they don't have as many and fit/availability could become an issue. therefore, I would advise against trying to find a helmet the day off the event. What I would do is stop at OG the week prior and rent a helmet for the following weekend. You would only be paying for that weekend's rental anyway.

-- Jason

We have 87 people pre-registered.
    We typically accept 60-65 people on the main track.
    More if we can squeeze another run group without cutting track time too much.

I'm not going to remind people this year to mail in their registration confirmation email January 22, along with photo copies of the drivers' license and insurance card. Don't forget the check. Having everything in the envelope makes the life of the registrar just a little easier.
    And don't mail it early! Early and late registrations go to the bottom of the pile.

We have also arranged for Famous Dave's BBQ Saturday evening.
    All members are invited, just need to RSVP using the form on the website.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 01-19-2007 at 08:55 AM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    We have 87 people pre-registered.
    We typically accept 60-65 people on the main track.
    More if we can squeeze another run group without cutting track time too much.

I'm not going to remind people this year to mail in their registration confirmation email January 22, along with photo copies of the drivers' license and insurance card. Don't forget the check. Having everything in the envelope makes the life of the registrar just a little easier.
    And don't mail it early! Early and late registrations go to the bottom of the pile.

We have also arranged for Famous Dave's BBQ Saturday evening.
    All members are invited, just need to RSVP using the form on the website.
    Wow, these just continue to grow in popularity! Starting to feel the need to get in line at the USPS at 12:01 AM on the 22nd!

I assume that the RSVP for Famous Dave's is for other than accepted students, correct Steven?
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

My insurance card expires 2/28/07 and i haven't received my new card yet.

I hope this doesn't present a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Real M3 View Post
    Wow, these just continue to grow in popularity! Starting to feel the need to get in line at the USPS at 12:01 AM on the 22nd!

I assume that the RSVP for Famous Dave's is for other than accepted students, correct Steven?
    The main track is the most popular. Next year I'll probably make the mail-in registration period 1 week. Postmark dates are sorted by a random number that are assigned when you pre-register. Hate to see registration come down to who has the fastest bandwith. And anyone can come to the BBQ. I'll do a head count of people in the school. Anyone else just needs to fill the form so I have a better idea how many people to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by fpol View Post
    My insurance card expires 2/28/07 and i haven't received my new card yet.

I hope this doesn't present a problem.
    Just bring the new one with you to registration.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Hi, all.

I just finished my pre-registration,

I am just wondering, which track will this be held at!?

Quote Originally Posted by aznevoviii View Post
    Hi, all.

I just finished my pre-registration,

I am just wondering, which track will this be held at!?
    Main track. Or as some call, the Big Track.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

how do you find out if you are registered? Do we recieve a PM to reflect if we are registered (pre-registered and mailed in my forms on tuesday)?

I'd like to find out sooner than later so I can schedule another DE for that weekend if I am not accepted.

It won't be a couple weeks until emails go out.
    Registration is still open until Feb 2.
    If your envelope was postmarked Jan 22 or Jan 23 and you are a NCC member attending both days, I would say you would be accepted. By Jan 25 I think there where 55 envelopes to be opened.
    If someone forget to include a check or the proper paperwork, they might as well forget it.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I've been a member of NCC for probably 10 years but never attended a driving school with your chapter. I've got over 120 track days of experience and instruct with several other clubs. I have registered for the March 17/18 event (hopefully crossing all my t's and dotting all my i's). Assuming I registered in the proper formula and I am selected, how do you choose run groups and are there any options for more experienced drivers. What is your procedure for soloing drivers new to your chapter?
    Michael Sokalsky

Quote Originally Posted by MSokalsky View Post
    I've been a member of NCC for probably 10 years but never attended a driving school with your chapter. I've got over 120 track days of experience and instruct with several other clubs. I have registered for the March 17/18 event (hopefully crossing all my t's and dotting all my i's). Assuming I registered in the proper formula and I am selected, how do you choose run groups and are there any options for more experienced drivers. What is your procedure for soloing drivers new to your chapter?
    Assuming you mailed in your registration sometime between Jan 22 and Jan 25 and jumped through all the hoops, most likely you be accepted. I don't have list of registrations so no one ask me. Run groups are generally based on experience. Usually NCC experience but other experience I'm sure is taken into consideration. I'm not sure if we will have 3 or 4 run groups. Don't feel insulted if you are not in A group based on your experience. It is possible that a student will be moved from one group to another. It is the sole discretion of the chief instructor.

Solo?
    You will find our schools very different than others. Students do not get solo'd because an instructor needs to pack up early or doesn't feel like going out with his student. If an instructor has nothing more to teach you will probably find another instructor in the right seat. Some instructors solo and some stick with you through your last session. It's their judgment call.

If you find you like how we do things and want to instruct in a future school, speak with Bill Shook. He will go other the requirements.

You can trade One Lap stories with Neil and Woody.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

On a side note/dream: I have had a secret hope that the main circuit would be patched or repaved at least on few corners, especially T5... What in the world was I smoking??????? Nothing happened over the winter of course
    Fatih

Steven, looking forward to seeing the final list of registered participants and run group assignments for this event. I've been running in the NASA HPDE 3 and Mazda Drivers Advanced Groups for the past couple years, and need to confirm whether or not I'm in the A group because my track car is a "single seat" setup. Thanks, Mike

Thread Information