Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NCC March 17-18 Drivers' School - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: NCC March 17-18 Drivers' School

++1

Ended up being an OK weekend.
    Pretty amazing we pull these schools with so few support volunteers.
    HINT. HINT.
    I'm disappointed that the people who bailed on Saturday didn't come Sunday.

I think I'm going start adding usernames under driver names for the cars.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Good idea. Will the real Jenson Button, please stand up?
    BonBahn

Quote Originally Posted by dbonner View Post
    It might be harder to do for instructors, but I can probably figure a way.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Best idea EVER

I was really impressed by how well Saturday was "salvaged" so to speak. Thank you to everyone involved. And major thanks to Steven for keeping us updated as much as he could prior to the event.

Is it really bad that I drove to work with all that mud still on my car? I went to two car washes once I got back to Baltimore and they all had insane lines

I need to figure out how to transfer/compress video from my MiniDV camcorder. Naturally I captured the splash that covered my car completely in mud as well as few other neat *caught someone going off-roading cough* moments

I have my real name and car in my sig line

I was given this nickname by a prior Chief Instructor who also handed out the name Jeff Gordon to another instructor. Only Walt can explain the logic. Of all the things I have been called, this seemed like the only name acceptable on a family forum.

As for this school, I was proud to be a member of the NCC this weekend. I am amazed at the number of people who attended and that there were no impacts with damage given the changing conditions on the track. I doubt that many other chapters have such a dedicated membership. The antifreeze in turn 1 was a bit of a shocker at 100mph+, but I guess the challenges through the weekend had everyone on their toes so nobody when smack.

Steve, what kind of crazy weather have you scheduled for the next school?
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

there was one off with bent metal in a-group. another off ended with light scuffs from a tirewall. despite that, i am amazed of two things: i didn't go off and get stuck, and there weren't more off-roaders in the constantly changing conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
    I was given this nickname by a prior Chief Instructor who also handed out the name Jeff Gordon to another instructor. Only Walt can explain the logic. Of all the things I have been called, this seemed like the only name acceptable on a family forum.

As for this school, I was proud to be a member of the NCC this weekend. I am amazed at the number of people who attended and that there were no impacts with damage given the changing conditions on the track. I doubt that many other chapters have such a dedicated membership. The antifreeze in turn 1 was a bit of a shocker at 100mph+, but I guess the challenges through the weekend had everyone on their toes so nobody when smack.

95 M3, 6-speed, 3.73
    Extensive weight reduction
    Website

I forgot about the Smurf Blue M3

Quote Originally Posted by odortiz View Post
    there was one off with bent metal in a-group. another off ended with light scuffs from a tirewall. despite that, i am amazed of two things: i didn't go off and get stuck, and there weren't more off-roaders in the constantly changing conditions.
    I was heading over there to see the extent of the damage when Paul Blinken offered to let me drive his E30 M3. Of course that offer was accepted ;o) I never saw how bad the damage was on the E46. I hope it was limited to bolt on parts.

I would have preferred to see more people take an inside line through turn 2 to avoid most of the water. The normal line was too slick to get power down confidently IMHO. I witnessed several people testing their car control skills in turn 2.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

I would have preferred to see more people take an inside line through turn 2 to avoid most of the water. The normal line was too slick to get power down confidently IMHO. I witnessed several people testing their car control skills in turn 2.
    I took the inside line on the last 2 sessions, it definitely helped.

The skidpad exercises were certainly put to good use on the track (the "big skidpad"), including ice, water, and a Sunday afternoon coolant spill.

BonBahn
    I wonder if the president of our chapter knows there was a coolant spill.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

All in all and all things considered, a very sucessfull event. This photo was taken about 10 am Saturday, after the morning meeting and before the 11:00 am track session.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3284_sm_rs.jpg 
Views:	576 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	240  

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    ...and worse yet it was E36 coolant; the sliperiest of them all.

Greg

Cool I guess he does know

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I certainly knew before the corner workers did. I had the 2nd largest catch of my career on the slick. My left wheels were lubed while the right wheels were dry as I was braking in a straight line approaching turn 1. The feeling was like being hit by a truck in the passenger side rear wheel. After catching the massive snap rotation, I had to worry about collecting a rather nice gold/brown E46 M3 ahead of me. I got the car slowed down in time, but it took longer to slow my heart rate.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
    I need to figure out how to transfer/compress video from my MiniDV camcorder. Naturally I captured the splash that covered my car completely in mud as well as few other neat *caught someone going off-roading cough* moments
    Bob Briggs is looking for videos.

Rain and wind for HSS, clear for the driving school.
    Then again, I don't know if I will even be here for it.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
    Here's what I do with my DV tapes, might work for you:

Option 1: if you have a DVD burner, copy DV tape to DVD
    Download free Video LAN software.
    Use the wizard to capture the stream and save as mpeg4 file.
    Use Apple's Quicktime to convert to QT movie file (.mov)
    Upload to YouTube.
    Embarrass self and others.

Option 2: if you don't have DVD burner, use free Windows Movie Maker (or iMovie) to get movie from your camcorder. (Actually, you might want to try this first if all you want is low-res web files.)
    Save as Windows Media Video (or Quicktime movie)
    Upload to YouTube, etc.

Hope that helps.

PS: Anyone in B group. Let me know what car you were driving, as I probably have video of you passing me at some point. I can send you a clip.

"Aerodynamics is for people who can't build engines." -- Enzo Ferrari
    '06 MINI Cooper S
    GeorgeCo Blog

Thread Information