Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NCC March 17-18 Drivers' School - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: NCC March 17-18 Drivers' School

Banned
    Getting over Mount Weather on Saturday morning might be interesting and then getting from Rt340 or Rt 7 to the track. They usually are pretty good about taking care of Rt 7 after a snow storm

I think you have a better chance of getting to the track from a motel in the area Saturday morning then heading out there from inside the beltway.

I suggest watching the weather. Who knows how much snow Berryville, Winchester and Summit Point will get. Running up there on you track tires might not be the best move.

Might stop by on Sunday after our herding lesson in Berryville to say hi.

Dave Apker and the collies

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jkuper View Post
    Frozen skidpad?
    The chief instructor will probably bring his studded snow tires up. Maybe the track will be clear by lunch time?

Dave Apker

It's not looking so good at this point weather wise Looks like the bad weather is spilling into Saturday as well/
    Last edited by ChosenGSR; 03-15-2007 at 05:19 PM.

Banned
    The board does have a contingency plan in place in case the weather is really bad etc. Like board members at the school may have to work a corner if the paid workers dont show up and what to do if Saturday is cancelled because of weather? Or instructors cant get there etc?

Or the track is wet to drying but the run off areas are snow covered?

The first time we ran the Jefferson Circuit back many years ago it snowed Saturday night. Snow fall amounts were not expected and many people were stranded in the outer burbs. Track was a little wet in the morning if I remember correctly. Driving back up I81 to my motel room from dinner on track tires was an adventure.

Dave Apker

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
    It's not looking so good at this point weather wise Looks like the bad weather is spilling into Saturday as well/
    I'm sticking with accuweather. I think we'll be OK. I've driven in colder weather.
    Besides, Famous Dave's will be there for dinner and I'm picking up refreshments.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    I'm sticking with accuweather. I think we'll be OK. I've driven in colder weather.
    Besides, Famous Dave's will be there for dinner and I'm picking up refreshments.
    Can we "upgrade" the beer to vodka? It'll keep us warmer fo-sho

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
    Can we "upgrade" the beer to vodka? It'll keep us warmer fo-sho
    What happens at Summit Point, stays at Summit Point.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    What happens at Summit Point, stays at Summit Point.
    Unless someone has the incar video going. 4-6in of snow North and west of the city according to WTOP. Going down Mount Weather could be fun. Accuweather says snow starting t 8am this morning mixed with freezing rain ending at 2am.

But this could all change. Northeasters are diffcult to predict. You could get a foot of snow. Or just rain.

Problem is it isnt supposed to get above freezing until about noon on Saturday.

Dave Apker

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    Getting over Mount Weather on Saturday morning might be interesting and then getting from Rt340 or Rt 7 to the track. They usually are pretty good about taking care of Rt 7 after a snow storm
    Agree with Owned By Duncan. Rt 340 could be trickier than Rte 7, especially the tight 1 lane, steep stretch of mountain road near Harpers Ferry. Rte 7 is 2 lane all the way and doesn't go through that mountainous, forested section that Rte 340 does. BonBahn

P.S. And I like The Weather Channel forecast (clear but rather chilly on Saturday)...like Steven's Accuweather.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 03-16-2007 at 07:10 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag
    BonBahn

I think I'll have to just go up from Arlington tomorrow. "Wintry mix" is the call for Inwood this afternoon, and i don't want to get out there to find that it's really 3" of snow. Not alot, but Kumho MXs, cold surface, and snow are a bad mix.

I just hope the access roads to Summit aren't too bad. Those aren't the best roads to be on with the wrong rubber.

The National Weather Service In Sterling Virginia Has Issued A
    Winter Storm Warning...which Is In Effect Until 2 Am Edt
    Saturday. The Winter Storm Watch Is No Longer In Effect.

Low Pressure Over Western North Carolina Will Move Off The Coast
    Tonight. This Will Bring Cold Moist Air Into The Region.

Rain Will Change To Snow And Sleet This Morning..and Change To All
    Snow By Evening. 3 To 6 Inches Of Accumulation Are Expected Before The
    Snow Ends Around Midnight.

A Winter Storm Warning Means Significant Amounts Of Snow...
    Sleet...and Ice Are Expected Or Occurring. Strong Winds Are Also
    Possible. This Will Make Travel Very Hazardous Or Impossible.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I'm driving from S. Jersey and leaving about 11 AM today, slowwwww and steadyyyyy.

So don't cancel on me.

Hope the drive through this stuff is worth it. But any track time is good track time.
    Michael Sokalsky

Quote Originally Posted by MSokalsky View Post
    I'm driving from S. Jersey and leaving about 11 AM today, slowwwww and steadyyyyy.

So don't cancel on me.

Hope the drive through this stuff is worth it. But any track time is good track time.
    I am at work until 5, so I won't even be leaving from Baltimore until 5-6 depending wether I want to stop by the house and put on the winter tire set.

Banned
    Remember what happened just a little over 14 years ago actually 14 years and a few days. Storm of the century and areas out by Summit Point got over a foot of snow. Nothing worse than working the highway Safety School with snow and ice in the tubs etc. And it was cold that weekend
    too. Dont think temps got out of the low 30's

Also with all the rain the roads to Summit Point may flood and then freeze.
    And the water crossing/bridge from the motels off I81 via the back roads could be fun.

Someone should bring the chief instructor a bottle of single malt he is going to need it.

Hope the fields arent too muddy or icy my two collies need the work on Sunday for the Collie Club Nationals next weekend in NC. And if you see my collie girl on leash on Sunday dont let her give you a lick since probably spent the morning eating sheep poop for stress relief.

Run off areas this weekend should be wonderful. A $50 donation to charity for a tow out might be in order.

Dave Apker and the collies

It'll be nice and cool this weekend, but Im having Jason Kuper bring some track pads with him in case you guys need it.

See him if you need track pads. I only gave him a select few apps...
    Wonger
    #199 Salazar Blue/White IP/GTS3 M3
    http://www.brakeswap.com
    http://www.roadracetech.com

Thread Information