Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NCC March 17-18 Drivers' School - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: NCC March 17-18 Drivers' School

Public apology for coolant spill

I sincerely apologize to all DS participants who lost track time, and to all instructors and their passengers who were put at risk, as a result of my coolant spill Sunday afternoon.

I thought I had done everything to make the car spill-proof: Fluidyne radiator, aluminum water pump housing, new head bolts, and replacing every single hose on the car with new ones. No expense was spared. One of the new small hoses to the air box, though, was defective and blew out in a weak spot. This hose was manufactured by "VAICO Autoparts Germany". Lesson learned: only BMW-brand hoses from now on.

Thanks to Tom Baruch for fixing the car so I could get it home, and to Mark Padovan for loaning me some coolant.

I am especially grateful that no cars were wrecked on my coolant.

-Roy Morris

Quote Originally Posted by gnhovis View Post
    Here's what I do with my DV tapes, might work for you:
    Thanks! I'll keep all of this in mind. I just read that I need a ilink (firewire 4 to 6) cable to do the streaming properly so I ordered one. I do have a DVD burner so I would like to make a DVD as well. Do I use quicktime to compress from the DVD (mpeg4) file or do I have to stream again directly to quicktime to make a (.mov)?

Banned
    Might be time to consider mandating only water and maybe water wetter in the cooling systems for drivers schools.

Weather for May School Tornadoes and Hail. Oops were not in WV anymore?

Dave Apker

On balance maybe a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    I sincerely apologize to all DS participants who lost track time, and to all instructors and their passengers who were put at risk, as a result of my coolant spill Sunday afternoon.
    I am especially grateful that no cars were wrecked on my coolant.
    Since no damage resulted from the slick, we can consider the benefits. I had a student in the car that had expressed the desire to work on compressing his braking. I suggested saving that goal for later in his development. I think the episode reinforced my comments about leaving some room for error while braking. Since it all worked out with no harm or new snow tracks, the situation was a highlight of the event for me!
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 03-20-2007 at 12:13 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
    Do I use quicktime to compress from the DVD (mpeg4) file or do I have to stream again directly to quicktime to make a (.mov)?

Once you have the mpeg4 file (.m4v) you can view it in Apple's iTunes. You don't have to stream it again to convert to QT movie format (.mov), but I don't think you can do it with the free version of QT, you have to pay for the pro version. Hope that helps.

"Aerodynamics is for people who can't build engines." -- Enzo Ferrari
    '06 MINI Cooper S
    GeorgeCo Blog

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    Might be time to consider mandating only water and maybe water wetter in the cooling systems for drivers schools.

Weather for May School Tornadoes and Hail. Oops were not in WV anymore?

Dave Apker
    Brilliant idea considering the temps last weekend

-- Jason

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jkuper View Post
    Brilliant idea considering the temps last weekend
    Will then how's about air cooled BMW cars only! 700's rule!
    And it really did get cold enough for water and water wetter to be a problem. The wind made it seem colder. I was out in Berryville Sunday
    for a herding lesson at 815am. Wasn't that bad and the footing was pretty decent considering all the snow on the ground. Worked my dogs for about an hour.

Dave Apker

Did you happen to check the temps at say, 3 am?

-- Jason

Banned
    Yes I did because I wanted to know how to dress. I was up and walking and feeding Duncan and Kate by 5am and was out the door by 630am and in Berryville by 815am. It was a balmy 23 degrees then.

Dave Apker

Thread Information