Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NCC March 17-18 Drivers' School - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NCC March 17-18 Drivers' School

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    Remember what happened just a little over 14 years ago actually 14 years and a few days.
    I'd like to keep this thread related to this school, not something that happened 14 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by magnetic1 View Post
    It'll be nice and cool this weekend, but Im having Jason Kuper bring some track pads with him in case you guys need it.

See him if you need track pads. I only gave him a select few apps...
    How about tire warmers?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

So what happens if there is some snow on the track? Do we sit around and wait for it to melt or ... ?

Hope this is not a silly question, but I am sure I'm not the only one wondering this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
    So what happens if there is some snow on the track? Do we sit around and wait for it to melt or ... ?

Hope this is not a silly question, but I am sure I'm not the only one wondering this.
    Then I'll call Famous Dave's and see if they can deliver the food early.
    Let's hope for the best.

Edit: I'll be heading to the track at 6:00 AM.

Edit again: Latest weather
    Friday Night, Mar 16
    Low: 24 °F RealFeel®: 15 °F
    Evening snow with little or no accumulation; otherwise, cloudy, breezy and quite cold
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 03-16-2007 at 12:46 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Comments of the weather I live 10 miles west of Frederick MD and we have 3 inches of snow on the roads. I think there is a big difference in the conditions from DC to out west. 70 west is wet slushy snow west of Frederick. Be careful.

Banned
    It is snowing and sleeting in Clifton now. It is just snow at Rt 234 and I 66.

Dave Apker

Oh man, it's going to be fun getting to Winchester tonight...

Ok I (and another chapter member) decided to skip on heading out there tonight and wait until tomorrow morning. We called the hotel and they are at about 4 inches and counting.

Steven, is there a chance you'll keep us updated tomorrow morning before you're heading out on the status of things? We're planning on heading out in the morning, maybe they would have plowed some by then.

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
    Steven, is there a chance you'll keep us updated tomorrow morning before you're heading out on the status of things? We're planning on heading out in the morning, maybe they would have plowed some by then.
    Of course. If I hear anything while I'm on the way I'll turn around and post something.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

School is ON.
    If the conditions are safe, we will drive. If they are unsafe, we will not drive. We will just deal with the situation and we will not sacrifice safety.
    Check the NCC website before you leave.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Just got to the hotel, the roads are not bad, pretty clear. Judging by amount of snow on cars on the parking lot, they did get 3-4". Could be worse going to the track tomorrow morning :donno

-- Jason

Quote Originally Posted by magnetic1 View Post
    It'll be nice and cool this weekend, but Im having Jason Kuper bring some track pads with him in case you guys need it.

See him if you need track pads. I only gave him a select few apps...
    Yellow M3, should be somewhere near RRT's trailer.

-- Jason

Well after 4 cars off the road in a 5 mile stretch, traffic at a standstill on I 70, I checked into the Holiday Inn in Fredrick at 5:00. Not worth the traffic, snowfall, low visibilty and certainly didn't need for bragging right to having made it to Winchester tonight in this weather, especially towing a trailer.

See you tomorrow and hope the track conditions will be worth the effort to get there.
    Michael Sokalsky

I am more worried at this point about the roads that lead to the track than the highways, rt 7 is it? If they are not plowed I have no idea how I can get through them with Kumho MXs.

Also, do you guys suggest leaving early (6ish) or a little later so we can get some sort of word about conditions leading to and on the track. I am assuming since there are at least 4 inches on the track itself at this point there is no way anyone going to be racing on that at 9am? I hope these questions are not redundant/annoying but I am communicating with a few others that are going and they are as clueless as I am on what is the best/safest course of action.

Edit: there are 5 inches at this point in Winchester.
    Last edited by ChosenGSR; 03-16-2007 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    School is ON.
    If the conditions are safe, we will drive. If they are unsafe, we will not drive. We will just deal with the situation and we will not sacrifice safety.
    Check the NCC website before you leave.
    Sounds simple enough. And there's bar-b-q!
    BonBahn

OMG. Snowing like hell in Gaithersburg at 7:43 PM. With the temps dropping thru the nite, I can't see how there will not be snow and ice on the track tomorrow. I wonder... what does BSR do in a situation like this? They don't salt the track do they?

This will be an adventure, for sure. Is there a run group for cars with tire chains?
    Scott Lowrey

Thread Information