Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NCC March 17-18 Drivers' School - Page 6
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: NCC March 17-18 Drivers' School

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Sullivan View Post
    To clarify the previous question. Have some of the first 60 people accepted not been notified yet?
    I believe all of the first 60 people have been notified.
    Next Doug will email the waitlists students.
    It looks like you are number 61.
    I would expect you to be accepted. We are waiting to hear back from more instructors.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    I think anyone who had a postmark within the first 3 days and were NCC members and driving both days were accepted.
    I guess I didnt get accepted then, I should have been postmarked within the first three days and NCC members. no email, but the check hasn't been withdrawn from my account yet either.

I hope I find out soon as there are other events that weekend.

Steven,

Thanks for getting back to me. I hope we can get that additional instructor. I have certainly been looking forward to the school.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VIR 100.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	237

Quote Originally Posted by profbooty View Post
    I guess I didnt get accepted then, I should have been postmarked within the first three days and NCC members. no email, but the check hasn't been withdrawn from my account yet either.

I hope I find out soon as there are other events that weekend.
    It looks like you are number 75 on the list.
    Email Doug to find out where you stand.
    Checks aren't cashed until after the school.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

It looks like you are number 75 on the list.
    Email Doug to find out where you stand.
    Checks aren't cashed until after the school.
    Thanks for the update, I appreciate you looking into it.
    I will email Doug.

Thats the last time I drop a piece of mail in the mailbox and assume it was postmarked that day.

Oh well at number 75 I sould probably just drop out and hope I can get in some rallyx instruction instead before that totally fills up. Makes me regret not signing up for VIR with NASA the following week.

I wonder what the website mechanics are to set up something like mazdadrivers/nasa etc, is online payment the roadblock?
    Last edited by profbooty; 02-27-2007 at 11:16 PM.

Hey what number am I? I sent my registration in on the very first day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfod View Post
    Hey what number am I? I sent my registration in on the very first day.
    I knew I shouldn't have said anything publicly.
    Unofficially you are 66.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by profbooty View Post
    I wonder what the website mechanics are to set up something like mazdadrivers/nasa etc, is online payment the roadblock?
    It's all in place to test it out. Last year was to get us to this point. Next phase I will test a few online payments during the next school for those who sign up for Sunday only since Saturday is Highway Safety School.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I knew I shouldn't have said anything publicly.
    Unofficially you are 66.
    Thanks so much I really do appreciate it. Oh and on a side note the Sentra is finally ready!

I got an email from Doug Verner explaining that more than 60 entrants were postmarked on the first day of the registration. He stated that they were computer randomized and asssigned numbers and that 1 thru 60 were then confirmed for the course. Basically a lottery for those of us counting down the days for these courses.

This is a reflection of how good the instruction is for this course. Generating a demand greater than the supply.

This appears to be a trend amongst all the Driver Ed courses offered both clubs and private. They fill rapidly. The early lucky bird gets the worm.

Thought I should share the process. I was surprised to here that more that 60 people had postmarks on the first day.

He also said that they are working to add more instructors to help fill the demand. So maybe a few more worms out there.

I got an email from Doug Verner explaining that more than 60 entrants were postmarked on the first day of the registration. He stated that they were computer randomized and asssigned numbers and that 1 thru 60 were then confirmed for the course. Basically a lottery for those of us counting down the days for these courses.

This is a reflection of how good the instruction is for this course. Generating a demand greater than the supply.

This appears to be a trend amongst all the Driver Ed courses offered both clubs and private. They fill rapidly. The early lucky bird gets the worm.

Thought I should share the process. I was surprised to here that more that 60 people had postmarks on the first day.

He also said that they are working to add more instructors to help fill the demand. So maybe a few more worms out there.
    The main track fills faster than the others. Plus the fact it is the first school of the year for us.

I can't think of any other way but to sort by a computer generated random number and postmark to make it fair for everyone. That random number changes with each school so if someone has a high number they are not stuck with it all year.

If we were to go strictly online registration, I probably would still make it a random number rather than having people sit at their computer at midnight.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

The main track fills faster than the others. Plus the fact it is the first school of the year for us.

I can't think of any other way but to sort by a computer generated random number and postmark to make it fair for everyone. That random number changes with each school so if someone has a high number they are not stuck with it all year.

If we were to go strictly online registration, I probably would still make it a random number rather than having people sit at their computer at midnight.
    Been there done that. The real tough one to get into will be Shenandoah Circuit!

I was hoping a first come first serve basis would apply for online registration.

I do understand the waiting at your computer to midnight scenario. However if you want it that bad you deserve to be in. In addition you could anticipate the likelihood of being accepted and make plans accordingly. If you were #30 you feel pretty good vs #55 maybe not enough instructors. Number #100 make plans with your wife and kids to hang with everyone and eat ribs.

I am sure you have thought about this. I am just glad I do not have to make the decision.

I was hoping a first come first serve basis would apply for online registration.
    I don't want to exclude those who want to pay by check.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

who is staying where and wants to split a room?

-- Jason

Thread Information