Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NCC March 17-18 Drivers' School - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: NCC March 17-18 Drivers' School

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
    I am more worried at this point about the roads that lead to the track than the highways, rt 7 is it? If they are not plowed I have no idea how I can get through them with Kumho MXs.
    Exactly my condition - and worries about weather in winchester is why I canceled the drive out today. I didn't want to get out to 7 on the MXs and find heavy snow!

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
    Edit: there are 5 inches at this point in Winchester.
    Wow, might be sitting on Berryville waiting for access roads to clear... Who'd think the only time I'd be wishing I had snows would be heading to a DE!

Talking Will the restrictions on trucks be lifted for this school?

I would LOVE to drive my pick-em-up on a snowy track. Even if BMWs can't run, a snowy track would be a great place to practice car control in a 97 Tacoma ;o)
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

It's still snowing and 28F here in Hamilton, VA (about 9 miles west of Leesburg). We have about 3"-4" of snow on the ground, but the road, Business Rt. 7, in front of the house is just wet and slushy. I think they have be treating it with chemicals.

Bring lots of warm clothes tomorrow - it's going to be chilly!

1997 528i, 5-speed - Canyon Red

What is policy on late arrivals for tommorrow? Assuming that the DE is not cancelled, there will most likely be alot of late arrivals trickeling in (including myself possibly). There is sleet coming down now in Northern VA and it is sticking. I will do my best, but the 3er is not a snow vehicle (especially in track mode).

Steve

2004 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by VA 330Ci View Post
    What is policy on late arrivals for tommorrow? Assuming that the DE is not cancelled, there will most likely be alot of late arrivals trickeling in (including myself possibly). There is sleet coming down now in Northern VA and it is sticking. I will do my best, but the 3er is not a snow vehicle (especially in track mode).

Steve
    Same thoughts here; is arriving late OK for tomorrow?

-Drew
    Drew
    1997 Boston Green ///M3 Coupe

Relaxed cancellation policy?

Understand the school is still on as of now, just wondering if the policy on forfeiting the entry fee stands if I can't/don't make it. Credit for a future school works too. If this hasn't been decided yet, do you have a timetable on when it will be decided.

Was it really 70F on Wednesday

Thanks,
    Torquewrench / Phil Williams
    2001 330i Sport Package, Orient Blue

Folks,
    Do what you are comfortable with.
    If you are late, you are late.
    No one should feel pressured in coming.
    Sunday is expected to be nicer.
    If you intend to cancel, please email Doug at NCCDSRegistrar @ mac.com.

I still expect there to be a dinner.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Since there seems to be a lot of people up.
    http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/chat/flashchat.php
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I'm heading to the track now.
    Drive carefully.
    You get there when you get there.
    If you can't make it leave me a message at 240-499-4200 and I'll get it to Bill and Doug.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Anybody heard from someone who is at the track? I am not going to attempt to get out of my neighborhood till the sun is up.

The track was plowed, but due to black ice on the track, only skidpad and classroom sessions are being conducted this morning.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Despite the skating rink on Summit Point Pike coming out of Charles Town and the "why are we doing this" feeling that I had when I got to the track, it turned out to be a decent day! I managed to get skidpad and track sessions in before lunch. Then, pretty much full speed ahead in the afternoon. Had to dodge a few puddles and avoid the slag kicked up by the "wheel dippers", but other than that I had a fine time.

Oh, it helps to have a friend with an enclosed trailer and a propane heater.

Looking forward to an even better day tomorrow!
    Scott Lowrey

One school down, 3 to go.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    One school down, 3 to go.
    An impressive job by the DSSC, Bill Shook, Steve Schlossman, and the entire NCC instructor corps, who along with the students, rolled with Mother Nature's punches, including snow and ice on the track on Friday through mid-morning Saturday, and still put on an instructive and fun school at Summit Main this past weekend. The skidpad exercises were certainly put to good use on the track (the "big skidpad"), including ice, water, and a Sunday afternoon coolant spill.

BonBahn
    BonBahn

+1

-- Jason

Thread Information