Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
ATF mess?

Thread: ATF mess?

Cool ATF mess?

My steering was feeling a little rough so I opened the Power Steering fluid reservoir to check to level and observed that it was low. I added Power Steering Fluid to top it off, apparently not knowing that ATF mean't Automatic Tranmission Fluid not freakin Power Steering Fluid for the power steering reservoir. Is this a bad thing and if so, how bad could it be... Should I drain the reservoir and refill it with ATF fluid. It was only slightly low and didn't require a lot of fluid, but I repeat I added power steering fluid not automatic transmission fluid to the reservoir. Thanks in advance, Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Cool False alarm!

False alarm, I just got the phone with my Independent BMW Service Shop dude (Mike Robinson; Sports & Imports) and he told me not to worry. It seems that ATF fluid and Power Steering Fluid are the same thing, it's just that in transmission fluid a red dye is added and the red dye isn't added in power steering fluid, basically he told me fluid is fluid. He also told me that power steering fluid is more expensive than ATF fluid by a factor of double. I paid $3.66 at AutoZone for power steering fluid and I believe ATF fluid was $1.66. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Good to know, I've seen similar threads before so this should be beneficial.

Thread Information