Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
S14 folks

Thread: S14 folks

S14 folks

Who has S14 knowledge and would like to share some with me.

I bought this car off of Craigslist this week. Want to determine what needs to be brought up to par that I can do at home. I want to do a leak down test first and then go from there. Does anyone have one they would loan to me? Can pay a deposit on it or rent it?

Thanks will appreciate all help and try to pick your S14 knowledge clean.

Exclamation

I would stop by here:
    http://e30m3performance.com/
    Then here first:
    http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

So you can get up to speed on common issues with the e30 M3.
    How many owners and how many miles are on your car?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by M-technik-3 View Post
    Who has S14 knowledge and would like to share some with me.

I bought this car off of Craigslist this week. Want to determine what needs to be brought up to par that I can do at home. I want to do a leak down test first and then go from there. Does anyone have one they would loan to me? Can pay a deposit on it or rent it?

Thanks will appreciate all help and try to pick your S14 knowledge clean.
    Wow, where to start. Is it running currently, body appears to be in good to excellent shape, how many miles, what year, any maintenance records? Does it have the tool kit in the trunk lid, need to have the special tool or socket to remove the plugs, to start, gee what else? Check and change all fluids if they haven't been, any mods you know about on the car? JOIN THE E30M3 SIG from BMW CCA.
    They are a group of us Real M3s around the NCR area, these are special beasts and all are getting up there in years, but well taken care of, they are a blast to drive. Critical items include intake gaskets between throttle bodies and the block, leads to lean condition which the pistons don't like under hard acceleration. Water pump, belts and hoses are things to check. Front control arms, rear subframe bushings......and on and on.

Heh heh welcome to the dark side, how's your check book?
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Chuck,

you live right next door. as well as another member that lives in Alexandria.

Maintance records: NONE major bummer

Body appears clean from my e30 experiance but I have not dug into the cowl panel yet.

Tool kit, has some tools The wires for the plugs need replacing. It has a coolant leak from the junction wher the 3 houses connect.

It failed MD emmisions. Has an exhaust leak but appears to be a newer exhaust on it.

Paint, obvious respray, but I could care less at the price of 3.5k I paid.

Tach is not working due to ? Most likely SI batteries. I have three good SI boards in the off postion right now.

It appears unmolested except for paint and another clifford alarm. I really have to just spend time digging thru it and attempting to find some previous owners that were military like me.

It was Navy as it started out in San Diego then went to Va, then back to SA, then to DC, the Tx, now MD.

Miles: astounding 260,805K

Oh I know of Gustave's site and S14.net and I know of VSR in NH as I'm friends with them.

I thought this might have been been the 8.5 K car from this summer on www.craigslist.net

Owners: I would say 5-6 from what it appears on carfax. it comes up clean as does the vin with the local police dept.

So, you are the one that snagged her. We were this ( [] ) close behind you. Owner was returning our calls then..... nada. If you are able to make the trek (map on the bottom of our website) we could do the exact same procedures we were going to do to it. Give our service line a call on Monday, Wayne will answer, tell him who (or more importantly what you snagged) and he can give you an idea of the procedures and prices if you are interested in rolling by. We're still more than happy to help you out with advice even if you choose a more local shop to do the work.

Good work on snagging a great bargain.

Matt
    RRT Service and Fabrication come visit us here

Matt,

I know you. It's Greg LeVangie. You are supposed to be doing brake adapters for me out of Aluminium.

i have the M50 powered M techic 1 car.

Oh I was gonna buy Barry's shell and do an S52 swap with it but decided otherwise, then plunk this came along.

Thread Information