Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
How strict is BMWCCA with very loud exhaust systems?

Thread: How strict is BMWCCA with very loud exhaust systems?

How strict is BMWCCA with very loud exhaust systems?

Hi all, I was wondering how leanent BMCCA usually is with "louder" cars. My car (91 Mustang) is set up as a race car. I would love to run in the bmwcca's drivers schools this comming season (my first time at a race track was with bmwcca). I hope to see you guys out there, thanks and cya.

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=48,131,0,0,1,0

Why won't you accept race cars? Other chapters do.

We will, provided they meet our registration requirements. We have no specific prohibition against race cars. However, our application states that "Cars must be insured, street-legal, and quiet...," and student cars must meet this criteria to be eligible. Specifically, this means:
    • Your car must carry liability insurance covering injury to the occupants and damage to property.
    • Your car must be "street-legal." By this, we mean that your car must be in a condition acceptable to be registered by the state for use on public roads. It is not required to be registered. We may waive certain conditions that would prevent you from obtaining state registration, provided they do not affect safety, although the final decision on such waivers will be ours.
    • Your car must be "quiet." By this, we mean that others driving around you on the track can hear their tires and engine, which means that your car must carry some type of muffler. We do not have a specific noise level that marks acceptability, but if your car is so loud that an instructor in a car behind you cannot hear his student, or his student's car's tires or engine, then your car is not "quiet." You may not bring a car that interferes with other students' instruction.
    A race car meeting the above criteria (e.g., a showroom stock car or club race car) would be acceptable at our school. We will attempt to be accommodating in the definitions of "street-legal" and "quiet," but we reserve the right to enforce these requirements strictly if your participation with a non-complying car would be detrimental to your instruction or that of your fellow students. If you have any questions regarding this policy or the eligibility of a particular car, please contact our event registrar before the event to avoid any unpleasantness at the track.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I just bought an ITA car and was planning on doing a year of HPDEs in it before going to wheel to wheel. I guess I hadn't considered the insurance issue.
    I don't think any car with a full role cage and racing seats and harnesses is going to pass a state inspection to get tagged. What will an insurance company say when you try to get liability insurance for an untagged race car?

For that matter, all of these proof of insurance requirements seem strange since I'm sure most if not all of the insurance companies are completely unaware that their insured are going to a race tracks and also since everyone entering the event is required to sign a waiver.

I guess I won't be running track days with BMWCCA anymore since I wasn't even planning on transferring the title on my car (nor had the previous owner).

What good is liability insurance for track events which all ins. companies will deny coverage for anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    What good is liability insurance for track events which all ins. companies will deny coverage for anyway?
    It's providing somewhat of a means to verify that it is a street legal car.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information