Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Can someone help me at 12/10 DIY?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can someone help me at 12/10 DIY?

Can someone help me - Mission Accomplished!

I plan to replace the rear exhaust on my E30, and both of my "helpers" have family crises, making it impossible for them to attend.
    Hopefully there'll be a member present with a moment or two to help me out!?

Greg/M-technik-3 met me at Ft. Belvoir this AM and the swap went simply. We spent more time talking than wrenching and still finished in less than an hour. Thanks for the great idea!
    Last edited by John in VA; 12-17-2006 at 04:16 PM.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I'll be able to give you a hand. I wanted to come, but haven't come up with a good DIY project for my e46.

Brett

Sounds great Brett - bring your gloves!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Sorry, Alan tells me the Sunday DIY has been canceled.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Perfect! Any word on rescheduling, or returning our registration fee?
    Thank goodness for this forum, or I'd have been there at 0830 to allow the exhaust to cool down. An e-mail to the registrants might have been helpful.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Thank goodness for this forum, or I'd have been there at 0830 to allow the exhaust to cool down. An e-mail to the registrants might have been helpful.
    I'm in NY this weekend and got a call from Alan so I updated the website and posted something here incase someone missed the homepage.

I have no further details.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Steven,
    Thanks, again, for the heads up. It was at the homepage that I read of the cancellation. I have all my parts for the next time!
    Always appreciative of your efforts,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    I believe Alan tried to phone all confirmed attendees and he did send out an e-mail. Maybe it ended up in your bulk folder?

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    I believe Alan tried to phone all confirmed attendees and he did send out an e-mail. Maybe it ended up in your bulk folder?
    Not that I found. I'm more disappointed that the event was cancelled than not being personally notified - the forum accomplished that, and I know what's involved with such an endeavor/event.
    You MUST realize the pressure one's under when the repair is to the WIFE'S car!!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

John, Our auto skills shop is open from Tuesday-Sunday. If you want to come out to Belvoir I can give you a hand with it. A in my own garage or B in yours or C in the skills shop. They have a lift at $3.50 an hour. I have air and tool, do you have all the new hardware? Because using older hardware bites.

Greg

I appreciate the offer, and will keep that option in mind! My dad is retired USAF and gets to Belvoir for commissary/shopping (he's in Burke).
    I'm going to check with one my contacts here in town to see if I can use one of their lifts for the job. I'd prefer not to have to work from jack stands - that's where the timing of the DIY was perfect!
    I have the new rear exhaust, bolts & copper nuts, flange gasket and hangers.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Yeah, I have to do a shake down of my Neu M3. I bought the one off of craigslist. Let me know either way.

You much lead time do you or the shop require? I didn't know how many knuckleheads were trying to work on their cars in the midst of the holiday season.
    I'm looking jammed up for this Saturday, but may have this Sunday and next Saturday.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I like to work on cars, I'm disturbed like that. Sunday I mightbe nursing a hangover but could help. Turn 40 next Wednesday so wife's having a party for me.

M-Technik-3,
    PM sent to you yesterday.
    Last edited by John in VA; 12-17-2006 at 04:17 PM.

Thread Information