Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
sharing a car?

Thread: sharing a car?

sharing a car?

I tried to email Steven; but, the email address came back as invalid. I am trying to find out if it is okay to co-drive a vehicle? I would like to bring a future in-law to the summit point event. He would be an associate member. We would be driving my IP car (it does have a passenger seat with 6 pt. harnesses).

Thanks,

James

Quote Originally Posted by NoSoup4U View Post
    I tried to email Steven; but, the email address came back as invalid. I am trying to find out if it is okay to co-drive a vehicle? I would like to bring a future in-law to the summit point event. He would be an associate member. We would be driving my IP car (it does have a passenger seat with 6 pt. harnesses).
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=48,110,0,0,1,0

May two drivers share one car?

Sharing cars is discouraged. However, two drivers in different run groups may share a car if necessary. Because we keep both the track and the skidpad busy all day by overlapping run group scheduling, each driver will miss one track session due to conflicts with skidpad sessions. A far better alternative is to register for a two-day school, with one driver attending on the first day and the other on the following day, so that each driver has a full school day.

If you are determined to share a car, you must obtain prior approval from our event registrar, as cars may be shared only by two drivers who fit our criteria for separate run group placement. While we will attempt to be accommodating, run group placements are the sole responsibility of the chief instructor, who will make the final decision on your eligibility for this option.
    Does your future brother in law have experience?
    Stepping right into a race car for their first school could be undaunting for both the student and instructor. There are many threads on other boards concerning overly modified cars making it difficult to teach a student.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

My car is not overly modified .... wutcha talkin' 'bout willis?

It's missing some items from the interior -- and, that's about it. It's pretty much a street car ... many street cars are more modified than mine. I even have high-flow cats on there (thanks JD!) ... It's the same weight as a street car as well.

Be sure to read the registration page.
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=135,556,0,0,1,0
    Pre-registration will open no later than Jan 8.
    Each person registering must have their own username and email address.
    Priority is given to NCC members. Last year this school filled up in 3 days. I suspect this one will fill up faster being the first school of the year.
    You will need to send in copies of your drivers' license and insurance card along with a check. And make a note that you will be sharing a car with whom. We only allow street legal cars.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Steven -

Please define 'street legal'. Does 'street legal' mean a car that is registered with the DMV and has valid plates? If so, then my car is 'street legal.'

Thanks,

James

Quote Originally Posted by NoSoup4U View Post
    Steven -

Please define 'street legal'. Does 'street legal' mean a car that is registered with the DMV and has valid plates? If so, then my car is 'street legal.'
    Yes. Registered and insured.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information