Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
classifieds

Thread: classifieds

classifieds

Does anyone think an enhanced classified section would be useful?
    • Sellers can place classified ads for fixed prices or with optional eBay style bidding enabled
    • Sellers can upload several photos to display with each classified ad
    • Sellers can set an expiration date for each ad
    • SOLD IT! and RELIST IT! options to disable/re-enable ads
    • User feedback system to provide ratings and feedback for buyers and sellers
    • Contact seller page allows buyers to contact sellers without revealing seller email address
    • Search by keyword
    It would be limited to NCC members only although anyone would be able to view it.
    I wouldn't have to manually update the website.
    A live demo is at http://www.viperalley.com/classifieds/index.php
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Banned
    Does it cost anything? If its free or if you can get a free 90 trial give it a shot and see what the members think?? If my older collie Duncan doesnt get a better attiude for working sheep he maybe available.

Dave Apker and the collies

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    Does it cost anything?
    The license is $99.00 the first year and $39.00 each additional.
    I look at it as a member benefit and maybe less work for me once installed.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Unhappy

Steven,

What is the current level of activity for sales via the forum?

This package appears to be good/useful and if it's less work for you, even better.

Now, why did the example have to feature Vipers?? I just got a cold chill again.
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Sounds like it has some nice features...as to the cost/benefit
    Last edited by bren; 11-29-2006 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Real M3 View Post
    Steven,

What is the current level of activity for sales via the forum?
    There are classifieds place on our home page which also go into the dB.
    Then there are those who list ads in the for sale section here.
    Now, why did the example have to feature Vipers?? I just got a cold chill again.
    Sorry, that was insensitive of me.
    I believe that is the test site for the software.
    Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    I think it's worth a try. One of the problems with the current listings is that it's not obvious when an item has been sold. I think the seller can remove the thread, but that is rarely done. Also, it would be nice if all of the db items were automatically shown on the board, so that it would only be necessary to check one location.
    Members currently use the online form which I copy to the homepage with a copy going to the advertising manager of the dB. Those will scroll off after two months. Occasionally people will tell me to remove them.
    The classified software that I'm looking at works with the message board, same username and password. Plus I can have those posts appear on the website homepage and as a post here so people don't miss anything.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

A new feature has been installed.
    I am looking for suggestions.
    http://classifieds.nccbmwcca.org
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Test ad experience

I went through the motions of placing an ad and it seems pretty straightforward. However, it seems like a preview feature before submitting the ad would be very helpful. Can the poster edit the ad after it has been submitted?

Quote Originally Posted by bmwcs3 View Post
    I went through the motions of placing an ad and it seems pretty straightforward. However, it seems like a preview feature before submitting the ad would be very helpful. Can the poster edit the ad after it has been submitted?
    I'm not sure what I can do to the classified section other than adding additional fields. Eventually I'll look into what mods people have done but first I need to understand it as a unmodified version.

But two things I intend to do
    have classifieds appear on the forum for sale section and have them appear on the home page. One reason for this new classified section is so I don't have to manually ad classifieds to the homepage section. Plus people will be able to edit their ad at will.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I'm glad people are using the classifieds section.
    It has reduced some work for me.
    Classifieds appear on the NCC home page, the lower left of the message board and they have a section in the forum for maximum exposure.

The der Bayerische's circulation is +5700.
    If you want your ad in the der Bayerische, the ads need to be formatted as the instructions say.
    When selling cars
    Title for the item you are selling:
    Please use the following format.
    Year, make, model

Description:
    Please use the following format.
    VIN, price, color, description, contact name, telephone number(s) including area code, email address, and state.

We copy the ads directly from the website.
    Those ads that do not have contact information in the description will be omitted from the der Bayerische.
    Having the ads in a uniform format, make editing easier.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information