Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Shift Knob adhesive?

Thread: Shift Knob adhesive?

Cool Shift Knob adhesive?

Hello there NCC gearheads and bimmer dreamers, I've got a boggle that I know your guys can help me with... My OEM manual leather gear shift knob started wearing out, therefore I ordered a replacement, I went with the Carbon Fiber set up for both my knob and e-brake handle. Any-who, I was wondering what type of glue or adhesive I should use to secure the new knob in place. I pulled the old one off and replaced it with the new one, however the new one doesn't want to stay in place especially when moving into reverse. Thanks in advance for all of your sage and timely responses. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

I take it this wasn't an OE knob. If it isan OE knob, maybe you just need to give it another whack.
    I wouldn't use glue because you will be hating life if you need to remove it at a later date. There is no set screw?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Steven is correct - the knob should press on and click/stick without any add'l adhesives. They are usually a bear to get off the shifter handle w/out breaking you nose or glasses! Take a close look into the knob and see if everything looks to be in place.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    I take it this wasn't an OE knob. If it isan OE knob, maybe you just need to give it another whack.
    I wouldn't use glue because you will be hating life if you need to remove it at a later date. There is no set screw?
    Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Steven is correct - the knob should press on and click/stick without any add'l adhesives. They are usually a bear to get off the shifter handle w/out breaking you nose or glasses! Take a close look into the knob and see if everything looks to be in place.
    Thanks fella's I pulled it off and re-aligned it and gave it a couple of whacks. The new shift knob is now solidly in place without all of the wiggle and slide when I grip and shift. Exceptional help from my club mafia. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Thread Information