Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Cleaning Headlight Lens

Thread: Cleaning Headlight Lens

Hybrid View

Cleaning Headlight Lens

Two questions:
    [1] It was recommended that Plexus is great from cleaning discolored headlight lens. Who in Maryland sells it?

[2] Is there any other cleaner that produces good results?
    Last edited by 55802; 11-24-2006 at 06:19 PM.

I've had good luck with a kit from Permatex, found at the local Auto Zone.
    Includes 3 grades of very fine sandpaper, and some polish. I used the sandpaper as directed, with lots of water, but used a rotary polisher with the polish. On a friends car, it worked really great, nice and clear. Lack of a polisher just means more elbow grease. Clear front plastic means you can now see other things...
    These kits do not fix any deterioration with the internal lenses, of course, which did show their age. New assemblies are the only way to get brand-new performance.

Proceedurally, I pulled the headlight assembly from the car, and did the work on the workbench, actually chucked it in a B&D portable vise thingy.
    I files off the 3 alignment nubbins so the polisher would work. No hassles, and a fractionally cleaner look when done. Of course, you gotta spend a few minutes lining the headlight assemblys back up to the body work upon re-installation.
    Good Luck.
    Joel Bossard
    ---------------------------------------------
    1998 M3/4, Silver driver
    2002 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins HO 6-speed hauler
    2006 VW Jetta TDI commuter

Thread Information