Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
2007 Mazda Drivers @ VIR

Thread: 2007 Mazda Drivers @ VIR

2007 Mazda Drivers @ VIR

Mazda Drivers have posted their VIR dates.
    VIR Grand Course, June 16-17, 2007
    VIR Full Course, September 1-2, 2007

http://www.mazdadrivers.com
    You do not need to be in the mazda club to register.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 11-22-2006 at 11:19 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

It's interesting to see that they have dropped their early spring session at VIR.
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Mazda Drivers have posted their VIR dates.
    VIR Grand Course, June 16-17, 2007
    VIR Full Course, September 1-2, 2007

http://www.mazdadrivers.com
    You do not need to be in the mazda club to register.
    Hmm, do I want to do the Grand East again?

-- Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jkuper View Post
    Hmm, do I want to do the Grand East again?
    Come on Jason! It's my favorite track. Where else can you get 30-some turns in just over 4 miles? I'm very disappointed the Tarheel chapter has chosen not to use the Grand East next year. I've heard all the arguments - additional expense, too few laps per session, too many turns for a novice to learn, some sections too slow for the racer-types, etc. Compared to the 3.27-mile full course, the Grand East gives up a few seconds of the back straight for 10 additional turns (more than the entire Summit Point main track).
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by Real M3 View Post
    It's interesting to see that they have dropped their early spring session at VIR.
    I wonder if there's more competition for 2007 weekend dates than usual.

Could also be a tentative schedule.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Come on Jason! It's my favorite track. Where else can you get 30-some turns in just over 4 miles? I'm very disappointed the Tarheel chapter has chosen not to use the Grand East next year. I've heard all the arguments - additional expense, too few laps per session, too many turns for a novice to learn, some sections too slow for the racer-types, etc. Compared to the 3.27-mile full course, the Grand East gives up a few seconds of the back straight for 10 additional turns (more than the entire Summit Point main track).
    Well, assuming there's a BMW/Audi/MB joint event before, I'll prolly stay for the weekend

-- Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jkuper View Post
    Well, assuming there's a BMW/Audi/MB joint event before, I'll prolly stay for the weekend
    Raf said there would be a Thursday-Friday school. I believe Audi might be taking the lead on this one. I'm in. Just have to find a quiet room at the lodge.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I am going to attend this one again, it was very well organized this year and enjoyed it
    Fatih

Woody hits it on the head, for my car the additional turns are a wonderful playground! So Woody, will the "Fugly" Coupe be your stead at the school this year?
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

ooh. im sold on the grand east course. i finally did VIR full, and that was awesome. but i'd like to see more turns. i want to prepare for nurburgring. i hope i didn't miss my chance to run grand east.

I'm def going to do this one - and if there's a two day before it, I'll do that too...
    haha - I love getting pumped for a weekend that's almost a year away
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Hi everone. I'm a new member on your forum. I plan to attend all the Mazda Driver events in 2007 - they do an excellent job! I hope to participate in your Summit Point event in March.

I usually participate in the HPDE events with NASA and may have seen a few of you guys on the track, e.g., VIR, Summit Point and BeaveRun. The last couple of events have been in a aqua '93 Celica GT. Mike
    Last edited by Gray Ghost; 12-30-2006 at 10:39 AM.
    Michael Higgins
    '04 Corvette C5. 383 Stroker 493 RWHP 467 RWTQ
    '93 Celica GT (Track Rat )
    NASA HPDE 3/Advanced Solo w/ MazdaDrivers, PDA & Chin Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Diriclet View Post
    I'm def going to do this one - and if there's a two day before it, I'll do that too...
    haha - I love getting pumped for a weekend that's almost a year away
    It's a sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    I hope to participate in your Summit Point event in March.
    Our events have been filling up early.
    Priority goes to NCC members first.
    You can use the this convenient link to join.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Apparently VIR raised their early season rates by a significant percentage. (IIRC, I read it on NASAforums.)

Thread Information