Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
winter tires? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: winter tires?

Quote Originally Posted by Locksmythe View Post
    yeah, I did start looking for people selling their stock wheels, but was concerned that there is no way I could know how much they were abused. I figured I would just buy a set on BMWWheels.com, or if I really want to be cheap, order aftermarket from TireRack.com.

Has anyone looked into what it would cost to order a set of wheels with club discount at Tischer and compared that to online prices?
    I think a lot of people dumping their stock wheels are just doing it because they want a different look. They will usually post detailed photos of the rims. If not, ask for some and whenever possible buy locally so you can see them before you pay. If you are uncomfortable buying from someone online, you could always try asking your mechanic if he knows anyone trying to get rid of theirs.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Banned
    Many time Radial Tire has soemthing in the back. You can go back in the warehouse with same on a quest for wheels. It is an interesting experience.

I be at Radial Tire hopefully Satruday for snows.

Dave Apker

If you're looking for used rims I'd recommend checking Craigslist.org. I've seen a decent selection of local BMW rims for sale on there.

I just got a new snow setup - bought cheap ASA JH3s (17s)from Tirerack for $99 a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgang20878 View Post
    I'm interested also, as my all-seasons are getting worn.

Vredesteins come in different categories, I've heard they are great. They have several types. By "winter tires" do you mean "ice/snow tires "(e.g., Vredestein Snowtrac or Blizzak WS-50) or "performance winter" tires (e.g., Vredestein Wintrak Extreme or Dunlop Winter Sport M3)? Besides snow, which we don't have much of, I guess it comes down to temperature, but which to use for what temp?
    I'm pretty sure most people around here run performance winter tires. It just doesn't snow enough for the studless ice/snow tires to be effective. Last December I bought a used set of wheels with Dunlop Wintersport M2 tires on them and had good results.
    -Hampton

i have a set of 16"s with dunlop M2's with lots of tread for sale
    from an e36 with sport package. will not clear e36 m3 front calipers.
    http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=2156

edit: these have been sold
    Last edited by odortiz; 12-03-2006 at 04:50 PM. Reason: sold.
    95 M3, 6-speed, 3.73
    Extensive weight reduction
    Website

Vredsteins & Radial Tire

I just checked with Radial Tire today - They have no Vredsteins and don't expect to get any in. They will special order, but can't give a date that the tires might arrrive.

Being that it's going to be in the 60s this weekend, I hope to swap tires on all my cars.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I decided to use my standard rims for winter tires, trash the run flats that came on them, and buy new rims from Tischer for summer tires as soon as it warms up. Ticsher's price was only about $8 more per wheel than I found online, so I'll just buy them locally. They'll probably even match the other price but I'll deal with that when the time comes.

Anyone interested in barely used run flats? 245/40/18 and 275/35/18 -staggered for the 545/550 sport wheels

Banned
    Didnt see any NCC members at Radial Tire on Saturday when I had my snow tires and new wheels put on the Toaster. Michelin Latitude Ice's give better dry weather performance than the Crapyear Strangler's that were OEM.

With Vredstein's you dont need to spend the money on performance winter tires. They provide great dry weather performance. You might want to also look at Michelin's winter tires for a little more money.. Would take Vredstein's over Dunlop's anyday.

Also dont forget to check with Sam they might have take offs somewhere in the vast warehouse in the back.

Dave Apker, Duncan HRD1s and Nirvanna's Late Summer Squall

Got Mich Alpin 2s coming to the Costco nearest the dealership. I'll change them as soon as they come in. The car has been at the VPC since last week - expecting it here any day now.

Banned
    Not sure I would trust Costco with anything but steel wheels and even then I would have second thoughts. Plus you cant beat Radial Tires prices to mount and balance.

Dave Apker

I hear nothing but good things about costco service, and see they handle maseratis and ferraris from the dealership next to BMW of Sterling, too. I watched through the service bay window before ordering.

Radial Tires is a long way from Haymarket.

Banned
    I drive to Radial Tire from Clifton and before that Burke. Only takes me 30 minutes to get there on Saturday morning to be in line at 800am sharp.

Missed a herding lesson to get tires this past Saturday. BTW their is COSTCO, Sam's Club and Craven tire all within 3 miles of my house.

Dave Apker and collies

Snow Tires

ALCON (All Concerned)

Please remember to include the year and model of your vehicle. As we all have different rim and tire setups. Whatever rim size you utilize in the summer, you need to go down one rim size or the original OEM size for the winter. I find that the you can't beat Michelins, however, Bridgestone Blizzaks are great for the snow if your into runflats. I recently went with Vredersteins and they are the greatest for the summer. I'll try them for winter next!. Price wise Costco can't be beat for purchase only! Then take the tires to your dealership for installation, especially with the runflats! Costco does not have the equipment for that. Costco only sells Bridgestones and Michelins. So where do you get your Vredersteins? Try Autowerks in Cali, and ask for Josh. He'll give you a good price and ship them to your door.

Thread Information