Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NCC Autocross Classing Meeting - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NCC Autocross Classing Meeting

Any word on schedules?

Alex
    Interrobanged.

TeamWTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by BahnBaum View Post
    Any word on schedules?

Alex
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?autocross
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Cool. I can make all of those--with only one exception.

I've been looking at E46 M3s and Z4Ms with the intent of ending my unfortunate BMW-less phase, but there's always the MINI if that plan fails.
    2004 Covette ZO6
    2008 Mustang Bullitt

Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    So did anyone go to the meeting? Obviously online member comment was ignored.
    Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarris View Post
    Cool. I can make all of those--with only one exception.

I've been looking at E46 M3s and Z4Ms with the intent of ending my unfortunate BMW-less phase, but there's always the MINI if that plan fails.
    Jim,
    If you (or anyone else) is interested in a '99 Z3 M Coupe send me a personal message woodym3@comcast.net. I know of two nice ones for sale - one silver, one black.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Jim,
    If you (or anyone else) is interested in a '99 Z3 M Coupe send me a personal message woodym3@comcast.net. I know of two nice ones for sale - one silver, one black.
    Thank God you didn't say an Estoril Blue one...

So did anyone go to the meeting? Obviously online member comment was ignored.
    Sorry, for the long delay but I have been very busy with work and other issues. At the moment I haven't finished the classing language but hope to have the draft done by this week.

As for the sarcastic comment that online member comment was ignored, that is incorrect, the people who showed up to the meeting and discussed the topics at length and consensus was made.

Your position was discussed. I'm sorry you feel that you where ignored but sarcasm is not needed in this situation. If you feel strongly about a certain issue, feel free to see the volunteers needed thread as we will need more manpower to run this (autocross) and other programs.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Sorry, for the long delay but I have been very busy with work and other issues. At the moment I haven't finished the classing language but hope to have the draft done by this week.

As for the sarcastic comment that online member comment was ignored, that is incorrect, the people who showed up to the meeting and discussed the topics at length and consensus was made.

Your position was discussed. I'm sorry you feel that you where ignored but sarcasm is not needed in this situation. If you feel strongly about a certain issue, feel free to see the volunteers needed thread as we will need more manpower to run this (autocross) and other programs.

Pete
    I will reserve my comments until the classing language is finalized, though I think it's important to note that of the people who took time to post on this subject (all of whom have pretty substantial experience autocrossing BMWs both with NCC and with SCCA), every single one of them thought that the 335 should be with the "normal" BMWs, rather than the Ms.

Having driven a 335 now for a few weeks, I have to say my conclusion is even more firm on this point. The E90 (and, presumably, the E92) is not going to be a great autocross car. It's big, it's heavy, and it's sightlines are terrible for close-in work; placing this car on the course is going to be a chore. It does have a lot of power, and it puts it down reasonably well for a car with a peg-leg diff, but "nimble" is not the first, second, third, fourth or twelfth word I would use to describe this car. It makes the E46 M3 I used to have seem small.

Perhaps, though, I will be proven wrong. I am very interested to see what the standings look like at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Pete
    Believe it or not, I am trying to be helpful. I wasn't going for sarcasm....just an observation.

I am genuinely interested in the meeting. How many people were present? Did anyone keep the minutes? I still haven't heard comments from anyone regarding the changes (I'm speaking of more than just the 335 issue.)

Re the 335 - Like I posted earlier, there is nothing wrong with "class them and see." Maybe I'll put the m3 back to stock just to prove my point

I am genuinely interested in the meeting. How many people were present? Did anyone keep the minutes? I still haven't heard comments from anyone regarding the changes (I'm speaking of more than just the 335 issue.)

Re the 335 - Like I posted earlier, there is nothing wrong with "class them and see." Maybe I'll put the m3 back to stock just to prove my point
    Bren,
    This is not a democratic organization. I think we've always allowed the autocross organizer(s) to set the rules, whether they are popular or not.

Incidently, shortly after I joined the chapter in 1982 we re-established an autocross program. We used two classes - stock and modified. As the cars ranged in hp from about 100 to 170, it worked well for a number of years.
    Woody

Wow, the 335 follows the E46 M3? That's insane.

I think I'm gonna go petition the SCCA to let the E46 M3 into F Stock.
    Are you sure it was something you read, Peter? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by John V View Post
    Wow, the 335 follows the E46 M3? That's insane.

I think I'm gonna go petition the SCCA to let the E46 M3 into F Stock.
    Hey, I've always said that the E46 M3 is the best Mustang GT Ford never built.

If I am able to finish first in Prepared Super Sport in my 335 in any event, I will buy Pete a six-pack of his favorite beer. Note--doesn't count if I am the only one in the class.

Quote Originally Posted by JST View Post
    Hey, I've always said that the E46 M3 is the best Mustang GT Ford never built.

If I am able to finish first in Prepared Super Sport in my 335 in any event, I will buy Pete a six-pack of his favorite beer. Note--doesn't count if I am the only one in the class.
    Pete only drinks water (Miller Lite). Don't waste your money anyway

I understand lite beer is for those who don't like beer.
    Woody

I'm still confused about the 335 being put with the M cars. Can someone please explain the rationale?
    Are you sure it was something you read, Peter? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?

Thread Information