Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Alloy Wheel Repair

Thread: Alloy Wheel Repair

RAF Digby, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom

Alloy Wheel Repair

Hey, guys! I recently made the stupid mistake of understeering on a left turn in Baltimore and smacked the hell out of a curb. So I now have some bad curb burn on the front passenger side wheel and minor burn (basically just went through the clear coating) on the rear passenger side wheel. Does anyone know of a place that can smooth it out for me? If so is it likely that it'll be cheaper than paying over $600 for two new wheels from TireRack? Thanks!
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 12-22-2006 at 08:21 AM. Reason: removed formatting

Radial Tire - Silver Spring - They managed to get one of my cracked 19's fixed up and saved me a TON of money.

Another place that was highly recommended to me - but I never went to - was -
    Ye Olde Wheel Shop,
    6363 Washington Blvd.,
    Elkridge, MD 21075,
    (800) 526-8260

Best of luck!

Wheel Worx

They are located in/near Glen Burnie. Their address is 8213 Cloverleaf Drive Millersville, MD 21108. I have heard good things from a few people. I am sure you can call to obtain an approximate price...Good Luck.

Oh yeah - just FYI - fixing up my cracked wheel cost only about $80.

I've used Ye Olde, but it's been several years - slow but good, affordable work.

Wheel Worx quoted more for wheel repair than a new wheel would cost.

Check with Wheel Collision Center in Bath PA - they may have your style wheel in stock already refinished, and then you send yours in for a core charge credit. http://www.wheelcollision.com/

I'm all for using NCC sponsors, but it didn't make sense in my situation.

http://www.wheelrefinisher.com/locations_hours.html

These guys have shops in La Plata and Annapolis. I never used them, but apparantly they will come and pick up the wheel and drop it off.

RAF Digby, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    thanks for the suggestions guys

Thread Information