This is somewhat funny I have been a member twice now, once while I was stationed in San Diego now while I am in Maryland. I have a 1984 318i a second owner with 162K, just lately it has bee giving me problem and attempted to get some opinion from Pelican Parts forum but nor result, well I think I found the problem. So I thought I would try this forum it's fitting it's a world for "bemmers". So, here it goes 318i will not rev up beyond 3K. There's has been a lot of things suggested to replace and I have several needed to be replaced anyway.

The other day when I was playing with the air flow sensor and disconnected the housing from the filter box itself I was able to rev up beyond 3K. Can someone share their knowledge or has anyone experienced this problem before. At times as I drive it a great distance it will rev up beyond 3K. I have replace the internal tank pump thinking the pressure was not good enough at high rpm, cap and rotor, new plugs, new wires check the distributor for play, none new injectors. Someone help I plan on keeping this car for sometime or it is considered a classic.

Ben