Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
WTB e30/e36 project car

Thread: WTB e30/e36 project car

WTB e30/e36 project car

Looking for an 87-91 e30 (325 or 91 325is) or a 93-95 e36 325 project car. Manual transmission required.

As long as it has a clean title, I am interested.

Prof. Booty, you might want to be a little more specific as to what you're planning on doing... (SpecE30/E36, I presume... Do you want an LSD? What ratio? 2-door/4-door? Etc...)

Plus, there's some (apparent) errors with what you've listed:

You're looking for a 1987-1991 325i/is. The 1987-1988 325 used the 2.7L 'Eta' engine head on an M20 block. High torque, low HP, good gas mileage. Neither are SpecE30 legal. (Prior to the 1987 introduction of the 'i' cars, they Eta's were badged '325e/eS'.) Furthermore, the 'iS' package was dropped for 1991, though the equivalent was still available as the 'Sport' package on the 325i.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD View Post
    Prof. Booty, you might want to be a little more specific as to what you're planning on doing... (SpecE30/E36, I presume... Do you want an LSD? What ratio? 2-door/4-door? Etc...)

Plus, there's some (apparent) errors with what you've listed:

You're looking for a 1987-1991 325i/is. The 1987-1988 325 used the 2.7L 'Eta' engine head on an M20 block. High torque, low HP, good gas mileage. Neither are SpecE30 legal. (Prior to the 1987 introduction of the 'i' cars, they Eta's were badged '325e/eS'.) Furthermore, the 'iS' package was dropped for 1991, though the equivalent was still available as the 'Sport' package on the 325i.
    Nope, I'm not looking for the supereta, i forgot about those. I meant a 91 318is not 325is.

I'm open to just about anything thats why I was pretty vague.

Doesn't matter to me if it is an I or IS for the e30 as LSD is readily available (saw a couple on my last junkyard trip), and I don't need the seats/suspension/lip etc.

2 door/4 door doesn't matter, I have no plans to build a spec racer for now as I only just moved up to HPDE3 in NASA . I don't want to rely on my M's power to do well in 3 and would rather use a lower powered car to not get myself in trouble and focus on technique. Won't be ready for competition for a couple years.

Stripper models would be better, but I am not picky at all.

It would be a trackday car. Basic suspension mods/tyres plus maintenance items and thats about it. Cosmetic rust is fine.

Price I am willing to pay depends on which type of car it is, and what repairs need to be made.
    Last edited by profbooty; 11-13-2006 at 11:15 PM.

Thread Information