Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Ridiculous: self-parking car (lexus) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ridiculous: self-parking car (lexus)

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    No but tubes and vinyl still sound better.
    Well, while that sounds nice and nostalgic, it's just not true.

Alex
    Interrobanged.

TeamWTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by Diriclet View Post
    I just have to vent (again)...
    Am I the only person who finds the idea of a self-parking car, such as the new Lexus, to be completely ridiculous? In my opinion, if you don't know where your car is or how to control it when doing less than one mile per hour, you sure as hell don't belong on the road at 60+ mph. Unbelievable...

I totally agree with you but BMW will have a working unit within 5 years.
    And in case you haven't noticed most drivers on the road today are less than stellar examples of what I would call competant drivers.

I think it's pretty neat.
    I don't think I would spend my $ to get one myself.
    I ABSOLUTELY would want these on every other drivers out there.
    However ridiculous it might sound, I think it's a great feature, especially for the people whos about to parallel park next to my car.
    E46, E53, UZJ100

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BahnBaum View Post
    Well, while that sounds nice and nostalgic, it's just not true.

Alex
    A quality turntable playing a LP sounds better than 99.999 of the CD players out there. And I will take a a nice tube amp and preamp over
    from local purveyors Conrad Johnson over 99.99 of the transitor stuff out there including CJ's stuff. Most LPs still sound better than most CDs

Only CD players I have heard that come close a turntable are Esoteric and Ayre. And you could buy a Honda Fit for the price and still have some change left over for a nice Rega turntable.

Dave Apker

Update

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD View Post
    I, for one, welcome our new automatic-parallel parking overlords.
    love the Simpsons ref

Well, I was watching last Sunday morning's Today Show and the were doing a live segment demonstrating the new "self-parking". The host, Campbell Brown, tried two times to get it to work but failed on national live TV. She finally ended up parking the car by herself. It didn't look easy to set up either. First, it seems you need a H U G E spot, it will not work on tight spaces. Then, you have to "aim" the rear camera and adjust it's sights. Then you can start the parking. Looked like a huge PITA.

Remember that most of this type of technology is created for and marketed to the masses. And we all know "The Masses are A$$es".
    My humble opinion.
    I think the technology is a great idea, as are most. Not all of this type of technology is suitable for everyone hence the option packages. What I disagree with are the safety options like airbags. I remember when shoulder belts were an option and cars came WITH a cigarette lighter.
    Tom
    Last edited by tgmeyer; 01-24-2007 at 11:51 AM.
    "Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

Thread Information