Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
World Motors Auto Service, Arlington

Thread: World Motors Auto Service, Arlington

World Motors Auto Service, Arlington

Greetings everybody, I had an experience this morning that motivated me enough to join the forum and warn my fellow club members about World Motors Auto Service in Arlington. This is the place just to the right as you are pulling into the Arlington DMV. I was there this morning to title and register my new '88 325iC. On my way out, I thought I would stop in really quick to get my inspection and emissions taken care of.

My exhaust has a leak that I was aware of, so I was not surprised when it failed. What ticked me off though was the estimate they gave me if I wanted to have them put a new exhaust on for me. Check out these prices.

Cat: $654 (!)
    Pipe: $299 (!)
    Muffler: $7 (?)
    Hangers/Clamps: $20 (ok)
    Gaskets: $115 (!!!)

On top of that, I didn't have a flat-tip screw driver handy to swap out one of my license plates (remember, I was just at the DMV). Despite the possibility that I might still be a chump willing to fork over more than $1300 to these clowns, the tech refused to either unscrew the two screws himself or just lend me a screwdriver.

Just got off the phone with BMP and ordered everything I need, including a new cat, for about $600.

Anyway, thats my rant. Looking forward to meeting some new folks next time a club gathering rolls around.

Congrats' on your "new" ride! Hmmm...may be a good excuse to upgrade that exhaust!

Just an update... with CCA discount I picked up all the parts I needed from BMP Design and had Midas (which by the way, was the only shop in Arlington I could find in a hurry that would install customer parts... I never had this problem when I lived in Charlottesville) bolt the sucker on. Total cost was about $700, about half of which was the cost of the new cat. The BMP system is nice and quiet at idle, and the WOT growl is musical. Very happy with it.

Next on the list... suspension, HVAC resistor board, and replace the eta tach that is in there for some reason.

Thread Information