Greetings everybody, I had an experience this morning that motivated me enough to join the forum and warn my fellow club members about World Motors Auto Service in Arlington. This is the place just to the right as you are pulling into the Arlington DMV. I was there this morning to title and register my new '88 325iC. On my way out, I thought I would stop in really quick to get my inspection and emissions taken care of.

My exhaust has a leak that I was aware of, so I was not surprised when it failed. What ticked me off though was the estimate they gave me if I wanted to have them put a new exhaust on for me. Check out these prices.

Cat: $654 (!)
Pipe: $299 (!)
Muffler: $7 (?)
Hangers/Clamps: $20 (ok)
Gaskets: $115 (!!!)

On top of that, I didn't have a flat-tip screw driver handy to swap out one of my license plates (remember, I was just at the DMV). Despite the possibility that I might still be a chump willing to fork over more than $1300 to these clowns, the tech refused to either unscrew the two screws himself or just lend me a screwdriver.

Just got off the phone with BMP and ordered everything I need, including a new cat, for about $600.

Anyway, thats my rant. Looking forward to meeting some new folks next time a club gathering rolls around.