Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Stolen M Coupe

Thread: Stolen M Coupe

Stolen M Coupe

A Black M Coupe E36/8 was stolen from the owner's driveway last night.

It has many modifications including a roll bar, custom tan/black alcantara interior, Momo steering wheel, BBS wheels, lowered suspension, etc. Keep an eye out in this area, NOVA, DC, Maryland, and contact Walid at Funktion Auto, (703) 544-0015, if you have any information which might lead to the recovery of this car.

Bimmer3

Walid, despite my temptations, I promise it wasn't me. I hope it's recovered quickly.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I will keep an eye out in the Northeast part of Maryland, Delaware, and southern PA.

Is nothing freaking sacred anymore!

People just don't want to work for anything now a days...

Anyone have the email address of the Fairfax County officer who helped out at Street Survival?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

EUREKA!!! They recovered it...

It was found 1 mile away from my home in Great Falls. No serious damage. Will keep you updated...

Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post
    It was found 1 mile away from my home in Great Falls. No serious damage. Will keep you updated...
    TERRIFIC!
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Congrats

I hope they caught the thief and had to beat the snot out of him.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Congrats on getting it back!

Reminds me of an event that happened with a friend in Boston - unlikely that it can happen with anyone else - and I am definitely not suggesting that it happened with you.

Given the parking situation there they tend to park where they get parking in a few blocks radius. He woke up one Sunday morning and didnt find his car where he thought it was. Called the cops, insurance everything. Few days later get a call that the car was found 4 blocks away from home - with NO signs of break in.

We all are just speculating that he was perhaps way too drunk and unfortunately driving the previous night and conveniently seems to have forgotten all about it. But then we will never know

I've had a car stolen/parted out/totalled before and it is one of the worst feelings in the world.

I'm glad your situation turned out ok... or as good as it could.

Walid,

Sounds like you had an eventful day.

I'm very glad to hear that the car turned-up quickly. Hopefully, with little damage.
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

WOW was is it an ugly day!!!

Thank you all for your concern.

The only visible damage was the Clutch, we could smell it from far way. We still have not had the chance to put it on the lift.

The funny thing is that I am the prime suspect! Seriously.
    Last edited by waldo; 10-28-2006 at 08:19 PM.

The only visible damage was the Clutch, we could smell it from far way. We still have not had the chance to put it on the lift.
    Sounds like whoever stole it could not drive a manual. I guess this is another reason for getting a manual transmission.

Good to hear that you got your car back and that there was no major damage.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Thank you all for your concern.

The funny thing is that I am the prime suspect! Seriously.
    So what finally happened?

Thread Information