Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
funKtion auto

Thread: funKtion auto

funKtion auto

I took a club member's advice concerning alignment and went all the way to Dulles (from Arlington) to get my E46 aiigned at funKtion auto. "Fritz," my 330Ci, was a bit tail happy at high speeds though I'd had him aligned in April.

When I arrived at funKtion auto, I was a bit concerned by the relatively young age of the proprietors. But, my concerns were aoon allayed!

To make a long story short, Fritz has a big grin on his front spoiler - the high-speed tail happiness is gone!! A big THANKS to Steve Pikerton for his meticulous workmanship on the alignment rack.

Yes, the long drive was well worth it!!! Just get off at exit 9 and not 8!!! If you miss exit 9 you'll pay $3.25 to used the Dulles toll road for about a mile to get to exit "8."

BTW, BMWnCCA members get a discount for work done at funKtion auto.

Oh, they have some great expresso, too!

Cool

That's good to hear, I take my bimmer over there when they can make room on their schedule and I'm not in the air on travel. I must agree their service is excellent, however I didn't know they offered a CCA discount to the club. If you don't mind me asking, what was the price after the discount. I paid $163.00 the last time I was there for an alignment. TIA.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Quote Originally Posted by markusmark View Post
    I took a club member's advice concerning alignment and went all the way to Dulles (from Arlington) to get my E46 aiigned at funKtion auto. "Fritz," my 330Ci, was a bit tail happy at high speeds though I'd had him aligned in April.

When I arrived at funKtion auto, I was a bit concerned by the relatively young age of the proprietors. But, my concerns were aoon allayed!

To make a long story short, Fritz has a big grin on his front spoiler - the high-speed tail happiness is gone!! A big THANKS to Steve Pikerton for his meticulous workmanship on the alignment rack.

Yes, the long drive was well worth it!!! Just get off at exit 9 and not 8!!! If you miss exit 9 you'll pay $3.25 to used the Dulles toll road for about a mile to get to exit "8."

BTW, BMWnCCA members get a discount for work done at funKtion auto.

Oh, they have some great expresso, too!

Steve takes care of people's car like they are his own. He is so damn meticulous and anal, especially when it comes to alignments. He will spend as long as it takes to get it right. And he will work with you for what ever type of setup you want. He's been racing for years in SM in SCCA Solo auto-x competition in a very fast white Type-R motored Honda Civic 4-door.

Quote Originally Posted by markusmark View Post
    Let this be a lesson learned. A lot of us are 'young' looking. Myself, Joenationwide, Steve p all fall in this category. However we are all nearing our 30s if not already in it..**cough scot*cough ttie** Our experiences in the automotive circle can not be denied. I felt compelled to respond because I go through this prejudgment all the time. So does Steve. I know Steve personally, I never allow anyone but Steve to work on my car. I followed him from Curry’s to Function and to where every else he plans to go.

They also hosted a DIY...another reason to like them.

Thread Information