Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
looking for an engine hoist

Thread: looking for an engine hoist

looking for an engine hoist

Anyone have an engine hoist I can borrow for a couple weeks?

I am swapping the motor due to the broken rocker arm--it's cheaper to get a complete motor with half the mileage than to do the machine shop work to get the head fixed.

Thanks
    Kevin
    '90 325i, 5 functional cylinders

I've got one that belongs to a friend who more or less stores it in my garage. It can be broken down and transported in a pickup, if you're willing to retrieve it in Gaithersburg. I'll check with him and see if he's OK with it.
    Scott Lowrey

Thanks guys. I found one local to me that I can borrow.

You can't just replace the rocker arm? I thought those broke all the time?
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd View Post
    You can't just replace the rocker arm? I thought those broke all the time?
    Yes & no. I have to pull the head, and tear it all apart. If I'm gonna bother with going that far, I'd do a full rebuild due to the miles on the motor. Parts prices put that at more expensive and time consuming that swapping the motor for one with half the miles.

Besides, I want the car together by next weekend, and machine shop time would keep that from happening.

Thread Information