Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Alignment on Lowered E30 Who or Where

Thread: Alignment on Lowered E30 Who or Where

Alignment on Lowered E30 Who or Where

I have fixed camber plates so not a factor but since i have replaced my rack with a M3 unit it will need a simple tow alignment and a wheel centering possibly.

My question is who since NTB said this will be a complex alignment my statement to them was B.S.

Figured all the rest of the shops would be this way.

Quote Originally Posted by M-technik-3 View Post
    I have fixed camber plates so not a factor but since i have replaced my rack with a M3 unit it will need a simple tow alignment and a wheel centering possibly.

My question is who since NTB said this will be a complex alignment my statement to them was B.S.

Figured all the rest of the shops would be this way.
    Which NTB? Anyone should be able to align an E30. The only adjustment is to the toe (unless you have movable camber plates, which you don't)

You just need a tech with enough brains to ignore the out of spec settings and get the toe correct, along with centering the wheel. I know the NTB on Port Royal Rd in Springfield will do it.

Kevin

NTB in Newington did it as mention it's just a simple toe adjustment. I was
    \___/ vs l___l on my alignment too a wooping 6 minutes. Hate the fact the base hobby shop alignment rack is dead. 83 bucks for simplicity.

try hollin hall service station on ft hunt road about 5 miles north of ft belvoir. ask for mark the service manager. this "local" service station has all the latest hunter equipment and some sharp techs. any alignment nowadays requires a little setup time for all four wheels to be connected to the computer. e30's are easy.

of course, e30s are so easy you can do them with a couple of pieces of string and 15min....

if your e30 really is lowered, you need adjustable rear trailing arm bushings to compensate for the camber and toe changes in the rear.

are you army? do you live near that new starbucks on ft. b? there are several e30's in that development.

marshall
    e30 and e36 race cars...

Both me and the wife are USAF employee's but we live here on Belvoir due to fairfax schools vs SouthEast DC where Bolling AFB is located. And yes we live right behind the new starbucks. Maybe 400 yards. All of em are mine.

Silver one, two black ones and the red one and the green one.

Both me and the wife are USAF employee's but we live here on Belvoir due to fairfax schools vs SouthEast DC where Bolling AFB is located. And yes we live right behind the new starbucks. Maybe 400 yards. All of em are mine.

Silver one, two black ones and the red one and the green one.
    ah ha! so you are the one with all the e30's! i admire them each time i drive by!

i am in the coast guard. work at the base on telegraph rd. hit ft b for gas and groceries.

marshall

Stop by say hello. Coastie huh? hiring over on the base where your at? I'm looking for employment. Better yet what is the mission of that small station?

Cool

I've got a 00 E46 thats lowered, I get my alignments done at FunkTion Auto. They charge $163.00 for the service, there capable of alignments on any vehicle no matter how low. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Stop by say hello. Coastie huh? hiring over on the base where your at? I'm looking for employment. Better yet what is the mission of that small station?
    we do hire a bit... 400 person unit responsible for all the info tech, comms and network engineering for the cg. what is your specialty?

i happen to be the base co..

I'm a logistics and a currently an active flyer and ratings for my FAA Airframe and Powerplant tickets. The bad is I need to finish my degree.

Presently I am trying to get a AGR position at the 167th ANG in W.V.

Thread Information