Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Glass America in Gaithersburg: any good?

Thread: Glass America in Gaithersburg: any good?

Question Glass America in Gaithersburg: any good?

Because I'm nowhere near as good DIYer as I had convinced myself I was, I cracked my windshield at the last DIY event while trying to change the rubber gasket.

State Farm is willing to cover the repair (via Lynx Services - STATE FARM's Glass Program Administrator) but they want the job done by Glass America's shop in Gaithersburg.

Glass America just said State Farm has approved their ordering glass from a BMW dealer. Glass America will also do the repair in my apartment parking lot (which I don't especially need.)

My usual shop (Scandinavian Import Servicenter) says they have a factory-authorized glass guy who is very good, and uses only BMW parts. Giving the car to them would also let them look at something else I'm thinking of asking them to look at.

State Farm/Lynx Services seems willing to let me use Scandinavian Import Servicenter provided I pay the difference between Glass America charges and Scandinavian Import Servicenter, which I think is fair, but I'm still trying to find out what that will actually add up to.

So, does anyone have any advice? Does anyone have any experience with Glass America (or Scandinavian Import Servicenter) for this work? MaLColM, my 2011 328i xDrive Sports Wagon, is collectible just for being Tasman Metallic Green (and also for being a Touring model) so I want to keep him going…

I've no experience with that glass shop, but have heard good things about Scandinavian Import Service over the years. I use Virginia Glass - they have multiple locations or can work on-site. They work with many insurance companies. Owner Steve Cheney has been in business for over 40 years & he & his crew know what they're doing. He had a 2002tii back in the day - I still do!

It's not uncommon for him to get two windshields when it's time for a replacement. Most are made overseas or out of the country now - sometimes the Mexican one fits, sometimes the Chinese one fits! He's gone to bat for me in the past to procure a factory/dealer windshield, but the car needs to be newer than your 2011 in most cases. You might be able to get Pilkington glass vs. crappy, distorted aftermarket glass. Good luck!

https://www.virginiaglass.com/
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thread Information