Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for a Wheel or other help

Thread: Looking for a Wheel or other help

Unhappy Looking for a Wheel or other help

Just got some awful news today. Had to take the car in Curry's for some work when I found out that one of my wheels has a crack in it.

Luckily for me so far the crack isnt such that the tire would have lost complete air pressure. So I am hoping that it can be fixed.

Of course being a Racing Dynamics RS2 the wheel is hollow so I am guessing doing a weld etc would not be exactly very easy.

The folks at Currys suggested Ye Old Wheel Shop who I will be calling on Monday to figure out what can be done.

But meanwhile I am also looking for other options - as I see it I have the following options - and here is where I am looking for suggestions

1. Look for the same RS2 19x10 on craigslist, ebay, etc, etc

2. Look for set of 4 new wheels (I would go cheap) with 4 winter tires - to get myself a set of wheels now and continue looking for 1 for my regular summer setup.

3. Buy brand new RS2 wheel - which is 1100+ for one wheel and - also will make it a very mismatched set - as my other wheels have some polish wearing off of them.

4. Sell all 3 remaining good ones - and just get a complete different setup.

Help - hopefully if I am extremely lucky - someone amongst you knows someone trying to get rid of a spare RS2 wheel

Also consider Wheel Worx in Millersville, MD

I checked out both Ye Olde and Wheel Worx (in Millersville) when I needed road rash corrections. I was more impressed with Wheel Worx, although a they were a bit more expensive. I used them and was very happy with the result. Biggest problem was getting on their calendar.
    Here's a testamonial from someone else:
    http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/archive/i...hp/t-1434.html
    As always, YMMV
    Dan Z, Annapolis, MD
    BMWCCA since 1986
    E30 E34 E39sport E46xit
    JC Sharked

Thread Information