Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
e-brake squeel

Thread: e-brake squeel

e-brake squeel

I recently replaced the rotors on my e-30 convertible. Since then, usually in the morning, and only when in reverse, I get this wicked squeel from the rear, sounds like passenger side, but not sure. The brake is disengaging and it doesn't happen if I go out forward and don't reverse.

Should I have adjusted or greased anything in the e-brake mechanism when I had the rotor off? Anyone offer a quick how-to for e-brake adjustment/maintenance? Once the car is warmed up and parked, it doesn't squeel until it's completely cold again. Thanks.

"Aerodynamics is for people who can't build engines." -- Enzo Ferrari
    '06 MINI Cooper S
    GeorgeCo Blog

The Bentley book has the best writeup on how to adjust the e-brake. The shoes should probably be adjusted once a year or so -- it's easiest to do when the rotor is off.

I also recently learned the hard way that old e-brake pads can freeze against the rotor hat if the car sits for more than a few days, especially if the weather is extremely rainy. If it's going to sit for more than a week, leave it in gear and chock a wheel or two.

Thread Information