Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
High Rock Int'l: Another New Club Track?

Thread: High Rock Int'l: Another New Club Track?

High Rock Int'l: Another New Club Track?

On another website, I ran across an obscure reference to a new track that appears to be due to open late this year. It's called "High Rock International Raceway", located along I-85 halfway between Charlotte and Greensboro, NC.

Supposedly, it's a 2.3 mile course with some interesting elevation changes. Has anyone heard anything about it? (All I found was one website that griped about county commissioners' changes, but doesn't appear to have been updated since last November.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	highrock_layout.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	202   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	highrock_elevation.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	203  

I can't remember where, but I recently read that Alan Wilson has been replaced as the track designer by Elliott Forbes Robinson who lives nearby. There had been complaints about the slow turn Wilson had put in his design.

I'm anxious to find out how this new track will affect the normal three VIR driver schools hosted by the Tarheel Chapter.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I'm anxious to find out how this new track will affect the normal three VIR driver schools hosted by the Tarheel Chapter.
    Tarheel also use Lowes, don't they?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I can't remember where, but I recently read that Alan Wilson has been replaced as the track designer by Elliott Forbes Robinson who lives nearby. There had been complaints about the slow turn Wilson had put in his design.
    It was mentioned in a Salisbury Post article (google cache) published a year ago. :/

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Tarheel also use Lowes, don't they?
    Not since the mid to late 90s. They were rumored to be going back to Rockingham since that was opened back up to club use on the "road course".
    NASA ran there this summer.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD View Post
    It was mentioned in a Salisbury Post article (google cache) published a year ago. :/
    Well that certainly sounds like it didn't just happen this month.
    Woody

Thread Information