Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
In need of a shop which can do a custom quad exhaust on my car...

Thread: In need of a shop which can do a custom quad exhaust on my car...

In need of a shop which can do a custom quad exhaust on my car...

Typically, I take my car to Dan Martin for all its service needs; however, I have decided to do a quad exhaust on my 3 and am not sure if his shop can do the work (I will call him tomorrow to find out).

Is there any shop in the Bethesda/Rockville area that you guys would suggest giving a call?

Basicly, I am just going to have them take off my current Hamann muffler+tips, put on a y-pipe to run tubing to both the current exhaust cut out and tubing to the passenger side where I am going to have them cut for a second set of exhaust tips... then, to quiet things down, and act as a muffler for added backpressure, I am going to have them put glasspacks between the y-pipe and each sets of tips... seems basic enough but I don't want to go to midas or any chain shop like that...

Any suggestions?

Besides Dan, the only shops I can think of are Curry's and Gary Martin's shop in VA.

What's wrong with Midas? They do that sort of thing all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    What's wrong with Midas? They do that sort of thing all day long.
    When they tried to install my current exhaust, not only did they cut up the underside of the exhaust, but they also cut off a piece of my bumper

Dan doesn't do fabrication work, but his neighbor two shops up does. They built a header-back exhaust for my race car that was OK -- I think it would have been fine for a street car but wasn't quite up to racing duty and had to be beefed up by my regular race fabricator. You probably dont drag your exhaust across curbs and whatnot on a regular basis like I do (its the lowest part of the car).

If you are interested, call Dan and he will hook you up. I think I paid about $300 materials and labor for a full exhaust including a flowmaster muffler.

Thread Information