Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Yikes! I hope we don't lose Ripken...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yikes! I hope we don't lose Ripken...

Yikes! I hope we don't lose Ripken...

Apparently, there is going to be a drift contest held at Ripken Stadium on October 17th. I really hope that there aren't idiots that pull stupid stuff (like street ricing up and down the street and revving obnoxiously) that will jeopardize the lot for the autoxers.

Several clubs will suffer as a result-Philly SCCA, PCA and us if they fcuk it up for us.

Well all we have to do is call the Aberdeen Police and tell them to sit a car on the entrance road.

Not to sound like a rat-fink, but I was thinking of that also...

It's bad enough when non-participants show up in their modified cars and try to "impress" us by ripping out of the stadium.

I really could care less what they think...

Quote Originally Posted by Doby
    What about NCC using Ripkin for one or two events next year?

All we need to do is figure out how to get the trailer and equipment up there (hint, hint).

That lot has some really good possibilities for course layouts.
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

Quote Originally Posted by Rafgar

All we need to do is figure out how to get the trailer and equipment up there (hint, hint).

Yep, that is a lot we REALLY like a lot. It would be great to use the whole lot like PCA does. Plus we can have BMWCCA drift contests!!! Gary Lin vs Bud!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafgar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doby

I live minutes from Ripken and would be willing to help out. I also have a tow vehicle.

Alex

Once I get a new hitch on my truck, I can tow it up.

James could also do it since he has a new Jeep. I volunteer him to. :lol:

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Once I get a new hitch on my truck, I can tow it up.

James could also do it since he has a new Jeep. I volunteer him to. :lol:

Pete
    I think the issue isn't about having a tow vehicle necessarily, since John and I both have them too, but rather, whomever tows, can't drive their car. Unless they want to use someone else's car or autoxes their tow vehicle. :grin:

Adam and I where talking about it. One possible solution is that he drive my car and I take the Jeep while Christina would follow in his car.

It is a pain but there are solutions like barrowing a car.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    I think the issue isn't about having a tow vehicle necessarily, since John and I both have them too, but rather, whomever tows, can't drive their car. Unless they want to use someone else's car or autoxes their tow vehicle. :grin:
    Since when do you drive your car at the NCC autocrosses? :-P

---ERic

A couple of things. Aberdeen police don't have jurisdiction, they end at the bridge over I-95. MD State police and Harford County Sheriff's office do.

BahnBaum and I live close enough we could tow the trailer and get our cars there. In fact, we could get the trailer on Sat hold it over night. Adn I have a Jeep with tow hitch.

I live maybe 2 miles away.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

I guess the issue is also getting the trailer back. Between the two of us in Harford County, one of us could pick it up and one of us could return it.

This should take out in IMBY effect, since those of us who are close would actually be driving further!

Alex

Rafael, I contacted them about getting the lot for the September 12th event and they were ready to rent it out to us. It's really a great lot, and sometimes the small lot at the entrance to the stadium is open for us to use also. That allows the entire lot to be used. The only thing is the Dukes of Hazard jump in between the top 2/3 and the bottom 1/3. We'd have to have the start on the jump and a tight box elsewhere. It's a great lot and is pretty cheap. I hope people don't mind the distance because it is that nice.

As far as getting the trailer there... well we have the entire winter to figure that out, and I may have something up my sleeve anyway.

The other answer on the trailer is the person who brings it up and back co-drives another car.

I think the jump makes it more interesting. But we deal with the curbs at Baysox so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

Thread Information