Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Transmission swap

Thread: Transmission swap

Transmission swap

Edit
    Last edited by ChosenGSR; 04-29-2018 at 10:09 AM.

I will probably just take it to Dan Martin, but wanted to know if there was anything closer. It's quite a drive for me to get to his place

Do you mean Gary Martin? Let me know what he charges you.

Quote Originally Posted by dougmoney View Post
    Do you mean Gary Martin? Let me know what he charges you.
    No, Dan Martin.
    http://www.danmartinsautoservice.com/
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Gotcha. Well let me know what he charges, regardless .

Just wanted to update everyone on this. Dan swapped my transmission today and he charged me around $500 bucks to do so. I think it's a very fair price to pay, especially when you know you can trust the person performing the work.

On another note, while he had the car at his alignment place, someone managed to back into my car and leave a huge dent on the quarter panel. Dan made that person call insurance and open a claim, so no problems there. It's just another headache that I have to deal with.

That sucks. (The dent, not the swap.)

It's pretty tight back there where his shop is.
    Scott Lowrey

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    That sucks. (The dent, not the swap.)

It's pretty tight back there where his shop is.
    It actually wasn't at his shop when it happened. He took it for alignment to one of his preferred places. He doesn't do alignment in-house. This has been so frustrating.

$500. Not bad.

$500 sounds pretty fair to me. I'm actually going up to Dan Martin's on thursday. My E30 was slowly losing steering fluid when I bought it and it's getting worse. I traced the leak to what I think is a seal in the steering rack. If I have to replace the whole rack, an E36 swap may be a good idea.

It's the rack. I put a remanufactured unit in mine for about $350 in parts, which included new tie rod ends.

I think the E36 swap requires some tweaks to the mounting tabs and some fabrication on the knuckle. I haven't done it, but I'm guessing it will be significantly more expensive in terms of time and money... doesn't seem to justify the gains.

Oops. Off topic.
    Scott Lowrey

Thread Information