Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NCC Nov 11-12 Drivers' School - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NCC Nov 11-12 Drivers' School

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric View Post
    The predators might effect the sheep population (and herding competitions) in the area.

---Eric
    Thats why you have Llamas or guardian dogs Great Pyrennes, Maramas, Kuvacz or Kommondors(no not the group). Lionel Ritchie couldnt protect anything. Some of the larger herding dogs can also acts as guardians like collies, tervs and mals but a few pyrs is more effective. But the predators should be full from little kids and foo foo dogs like Lhaso Apsos, Toy Poodles, Yorkies etc. Since foo foo dogs cant really do anything being a meal for a predator seems like a good option. We already have coyotes in as close Fairfax and Alexandria in VA. And Eastern Red Wolf was trapped and killed last year in Montgomery County. You usally got your losses to zero with guardian dogs. Best scariest guardian dog I saw was a South Russian Ovcharka they are black to dark gray stand 27in at the shoulders or taller and weigh 175lbs and up according breed standard. The two I saw were both 32in at the shoulder and weighed about 225lbs. Real working dogs.

Bill Scott needs some Scottish deerhounds to control the deer population
    and then he could serve venison stew at the track or venison chile.

Although with predators at Summit Point the instructors at the skidpad might need a couple guardian dogs for protection.

Dave Apker and the collies.

btw, only the ambulance drive has a rifle and no one else is allowed to carry fire arms, as I learned. Now how you interpret the ambulance driver having a rifle is totally up to you, you're big boys
    Fatih

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    Bill Scott needs some Scottish deerhounds to control the deer population
    and then he could serve venison stew at the track or venison chile.
    Dang, now I'm hungry.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FT View Post
    btw, only the ambulance drive has a rifle and no one else is allowed to carry fire arms, as I learned. Now how you interpret the ambulance driver having a rifle is totally up to you, you're big boys
    Less chance of a lawsuit if they shoot the driver and instructor??

Dave Apker

Quote Originally Posted by FT View Post
    Now how you interpret the ambulance driver having a rifle is totally up to you, you're big boys
    It's used to persuade us slow drivers to go faster, right?
    Last edited by SharkD; 11-08-2006 at 02:42 PM.

Dave Apker
    I guess he's the guy who keeps offering to put my car 'out of its misery'.

---Eric

Dave Apker
    Have you read the waiver you sign at the enterance lately?
    Fatih

Banned
    Waivers please!

And as a former drivers school coordinator for NCC I also know the waiver doesnt stop or prevent lawsuits. If someone were hurt or died as a result of negilience of the dsc or the club then the waiver they sign isn't worth the paper it is written on. They win in civil court. Actually the waiver in many cases is worthless. It doesnt prevent the club or those running the schools from being sued. If the club and those running the school are found at fault then they the plaintiff wins. Check the case law. Also see the case law related to death of Mark Donuhue.

And I ran this by my attorney colleagues here at my office.

I retired from being dsc when President Clinton changed the law and allowed Federal employees wages to be garnished as a result of civil suits.
    Risk wasnt worth the reward.

And yes if you leave the waiver in your car and have a big time accident it can decapitate you!

I would rather herd sheep. And yeah I sign a waiver for those too.

Dave Apker and the collies

---Eric
    BAAAHAAAAHAAA. Super funny (I seriously hope you weren't serious, otherwise you'd think I was a jerk).

And yes if you leave the waiver in your car and have a big time accident it can decapitate you!
    Especially if that waiver is taped to a bowling ball.
    http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2005/08/m...issue_box.html

---Eric

---Eric
    No, Eric, that's everybody that's ever seen you autocross

Quote Originally Posted by hoyabmw View Post
    No, Eric, that's everybody that's ever seen you autocross
    No, there they offer to put ME out of my misery.

---Eric

No, there they offer to put ME out of my misery.

---Eric
    That was talking about the registration stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by hoyabmw View Post
    That was talking about the registration stuff...
    Oh.

---Eric

Please, keep this related to the Nov driving school.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information