Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
United Auto Imports?

Thread: United Auto Imports?

United Auto Imports?

Does anyone know anything about United Auto Imports in Stafford VA? Is it safe to buy a car there? Do they have any adverse reputations or anything? Thanks

Banned
    Tell me more about the car. Are all the vin tags on the fenders, hood, trink lid etc. Are the seams straight and even. Run you hand down the hood and fender is it even and is the gap consistent? Pull up the trunk mat and pull the spare tire? What is the spare tire well? Look under the seat. What color is the oil in the valve cover? Smeel the oil? Does it smell burnt or smell like gas?

Be nosy and look in the glove compartment. You will be amazed at what you find. Check the BBB and Stafford County Consumer affairs office.

If the car is of recent vintage remember BMW dealers get the best. Only used car dealers I would trust are Auto Advantage and Select Auto Imports. Car Max is reliable. Or from a Lexus, BMW, Mercedes dealer but even then you have to be careful. If the car is below the going price for a similar model be very suspicious and walk away.

You must get the car inspected by an a good independent BMW repair shop who knows the model. I would avoid the dealer.

Where did the car come from?

Back several months ago checked ou a car for an out of town club member at some fly by night used car dealer in Manassas. Car looked great from 10ft. There where no vin numbers on the hood, trunk lid, front fenders or rear fenders, body gaps where uneven and the panels did not line up. Car was priced below market. Advised him to walk away from it.
    Car had been hit(probably hard) and the sales guy gave me the creeps.

Remember there are still alot of flood cars out there from last years hurricanes and even more from the rains in New England and in the Mid Atlantic in last 120 days.

Do your homework and take your time and walk away from anything you dont feel comfortable with.

I have a coworker who lives down in Stafford I will ask her on Monday at work or at our herding lesson.

BTW Woody you need to get yourself a nice herding pup!

Dave Apker and the collies

Hey, good advice...and thourough!

Thread Information