Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Fed-Ex Field ZoomZoomLive

Thread: Fed-Ex Field ZoomZoomLive

Hybrid View

Fed-Ex Field ZoomZoomLive

Mazda is hosting a track-related event at Fed Ex field this weekend. 08/12-08-13. Check www.zoomzoomlive.com for details. They'll have a few autocross courses and you'll be able to drive the RX-8, MX-5 & Mazdaspeed 6 at the limits (in second gear).

I went last fall and it was a pretty fun. The lines got pretty bad by mid-morning, but it was well organized. I'd recommend getting there early.

Last year the event was super-lax & everything was hands off. I remember as the instructor walked me to the RX-8 he said "It's not your car, they're not your tires. Let's have some fun". You can guess what happened after that.

So, who else attended?

Brian H. and I were there nice and early in the morning. No lines. We were done by 10:00am and I even had time to take my kids to Allsport GP for some go-karting.

BTW, Brian got the fast time for the first hour and I got it for the second hour. He got a 41.2 and I had a 41.3. Anyone know how those times held up throughout the day?
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

We were signed up for noon.
    After breakfast the thought of driving around the beltway did not sound as appealing. I'll know better next time.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

zoom

I was there at 8:30 and wound up staying for quite a while. Not really any lines to speak of early on. Much less crowded than last year. I wasn't too impressed with the Mazdaspeed6, but really enjoyed driving the the RX-8 & MX-5.

I have to say my time in the Mazdaspeed6 was a solid two seconds higher than the previous posted. I think the results should be posted online tomorrow. I know some of the low-hour times later in the day were in the 43-44 second range.

The results are posted (if not perfectly correct yet).

Brian H. took first overall (for both days) and I took third (somebody snuck in between us - but at least I got "on the podium").

I was very unimpressed with the Mazdaspeed6. Massive amounts of turbo lag and not particularly comfortable. My wife has a 626 and I have an MX-5, so I don't have anything against Mazda in general.
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

Thread Information