Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Anyone going to Shenandoah/Schattenbaum Aug. 12 event?

Thread: Anyone going to Shenandoah/Schattenbaum Aug. 12 event?

Anyone going to Shenandoah/Schattenbaum Aug. 12 event?

I wasn't able to make the NCC event at Shenandoah this May, so I registered with the PCA Schattenbaum guys for this weekend (Aug. 12) at the Shenandoah. I've been there with them last year and liked their laid-back style quite a bit... I was also blown away by the track itself.

This weekend's event was supposed to be a 2 day event, but due to the lack of participants, was just reduced to a one day event, with supposedly equal or more track time as the original 2 day. Some run groups may have to be combined to achive this...

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody else from the CCA is going to be there? (Asides from me and a buddy of mine).

Regards,

Andrei

Room available

I think they still have room for solo drivers, or if you bring your own instructor .

Hope to see more of you there...

Andrei

Here is a short report of sorts, just in case some of you might be interested in going with the Schattenbaum PCA in the future.

We made it back safely, and had lots of fun in the process. With 7 x 30min sessions it was a little too much for one day - we would have much preferred a 2 day arrangement - but hey, we got to drive the Shenandoah again.

I got to drive solo again and at some point sure would have wished for an instructor - took me the whole day to figure out what I was doing wrong in one certain corner, and by then I was too tired to take advantage of my newfound knowledge (plus my street tires were panting for breath).

Schattenbaum is more laid back than our CCA, which means they're more willing to sign you off solo - with all the good and bad that this entails. For my friend it was a welcome experience when it happened, he was able to concentrate and perfect certain corners at his own pace. For me it was a mixed blessing - I didn't do anything stupid, but because of the added fear factor progress was somewhat slow. Other drivers should have never been signed off for solo - one guy with an S2000 was just too young IMO (no offense intended to other young capable drivers) and the other guy had just switched from a 944 to an NSX. They both went out and dented their cars, on the same session, on the same lap, in opposite locations... they were completely uninjured and the cars left under own power, so it could have been much worse.

I also got to try out the CG-lock, and will never do another track day without it. I used the CG-lock to take out the slack in the lap belt portion and the "tug-and-raise-the-seat-back" method to remove slack from the chest portion of the belt. Not exactly a harness, but far less movement in the seat during hard cornering/braking.

I'm on the fence now deciding whether I should go back with the Mazda club, or maybe register for Watkins Glenn with the Gennesse Valley Chapter. I've never been to the Glenn and I'm always up for learning a new track, to keep things interesting.

So if you guys have any pointers and words of advice regarding the Glenn, I sure would appreciate them, to help me make up my mind...

Regards,

Andrei

I drove the Glenn in July 2005. I drive a low HP car which is why I wasn't exactly blown away by the track like I thought I would. But after watching NASCAR at the Glenn this past weekend, I have to admit that I'm itching to go back again.

Shenandoah is a great track for me and my car, but I plan on hitting the Glenn at least every other year. If you haven't been there before, I would say it's a must. (just make sure you're going to run the full coarse), (the boot)

Quote Originally Posted by adc View Post
    I'm on the fence now deciding whether I should go back with the Mazda club, or maybe register for Watkins Glenn with the Gennesse Valley Chapter. I've never been to the Glenn and I'm always up for learning a new track, to keep things interesting.
    Decide quick. Registration for the GVC @ The Glen opens Aug 18.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information