Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
intermitant AC

Thread: intermitant AC

Unhappy intermitant AC

I am stumped on my car's AC system. Yesterday my husband and son topped off my ac, as it was just a little bit low, bringing the cabin temp to 52 degrees. I then drove it 4 miles to a friends's house, during which the first 2 miles it was cold (52 degrees), then I watched the temp soar to 88 degrees, which was the exterior temp. When I drove another 5 miles, stopped at the store for 5 minutes, I turned the AC back on and it was showing 104 degrees inside! After 1/2 a mile, the AC started cooling and by the time I got home 1 1/2 miles later, it was cooling down to 60 degrees. I drive a 1988 750il, garaged, with 94K, all original. Last year I replaced the dual throttle bodies and battery and alt, after having the suspension redone. The car truly is well kept. Any and all help would be appreciated, as I am leaning towards a sticky door or a stuck switch, probably on the high side of the AC system.
    Thanks in advance for your time!
    Carol

You might want to check the other thread that is in progress on the same topic.

Your problem may not be the same thing, but it sounds like it...
    Scott Lowrey

Thread Information