Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
E30 Street/Track Tire Recommendations? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: E30 Street/Track Tire Recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    Though somebody needs to give you back your iS basketweaves...
    There was a basketweave in the trunk. Big ding on the edge, dirty, bald track tire.

Were these rims standard on all iS models? The bottlecaps must've been standard equipment, then...
    Scott Lowrey

Quote Originally Posted by M-technik-3
    Very Nice. Tuck the bumpers if spec legal and you'll be happier with overall look.

If you need hlp I'm sure one us would be glad to lend a hand also.
    Thanks! But I'm not sure what you mean by "tuck". I know that SCCA ITS allows wheel lips to be rolled under for tire clearance, but that's not what you're talking about, right?
    Scott Lowrey

Drill a hole in the shock asorber that holds the bumper in place. After doing so You can push them in further to reduce polar weight.

It's also for looks. But as this will be a SpecE30 car then I doubt this mod is allowed.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Were these rims standard on all iS models? The bottlecaps must've been standard equipment, then...
    The iS cars were equipped with almost every single option -- Leather Sport Seats, 13-button OBC, Premium Sound, Spoiler, Metallic Paint and BBS 14x6.5 Basketweave wheels. (The wheels are not SpecE30 legal, however, as they are neither 14x6 or 15x7.)

As far as tucking the 'diving board' bumpers -- I wouldn't do it, especially if you're planning on racing it. Those bumpers take a beating, but if you drain the oil out of the bumper shocks (which is what tucking is), then you're transferring all the force into the frame, if you get tapped. If the aluminum bumper look bugs you, painting them (and the rubber trim around them), after scuffing with sand paper is the best option. Since yours are already painted, I'd suggest carefully masking and refurbishing the black rubber rub strip on the bumper (with either rattle-can trim paint or Forever Black rubber paint).

Thread Information