Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Purchase Assistance

Thread: Purchase Assistance

Purchase Assistance

Greetings,

There are two '88 535i 5 series located in Virginia (Fairfax/zip 22033 and Charlottesville/zip 22902) that I am considering buying. Since I am located out of the area, I need some advice on the following:
    • a reputable mechanic/shop/service that I can use to complete a pre-sale inspection
    • a shipping company in case I decide to ship the car rather than pick it up.
    One other quick question - both of these cars have spent their "careers" in the VA/MD region. What is the rust situation? I would appreciate hearing any other advice.

With Regards.

Paul Bunn
    BMW CCA 147191

For the Fairfax bimmer, I'd reccomend Martin Motorsports in Alexandria, ask for Gary.
    Salt situation, It snows here, (if you can call it that) and they salt and sand the roads liberally when it does. We are close to the beach if you drive 3 hours.

No shipping advice, sorry. Good luck,

If you can't get in at Martin, you might try London Auto in Falls Church. It's not far from Fairfax. Very friendly. Call ahead for an appointment.

For more service recommendations in the area, see this thread.
    Scott Lowrey

Thread Information