Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Hyper-Fest 06?

Thread: Hyper-Fest 06?

Hyper-Fest 06?

So who is going to Hyper-Fest?
    I don't want to be the only one over 40.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I am going, but im only 29...

I'll be there

After watching the drifiting practice session, I was pretty impressed.
    My image of drifting was influenced by the Fast and Furious.
    These guys out there really showed some car control. Pretty amazing to see someone start to loose it and go past 90 degrees and recover.
    I wish I would have stayed for the competition session.

Watching the NASA HPDE I counted 40 cars in a run group.
    Is that typical?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    Is that typical?
    For Hype-R-Fest, yes. It's a circus and the main reason I'm at VIR, rather than Summit, this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    For Hype-R-Fest, yes. It's a circus and the main reason I'm at VIR, rather than Summit, this weekend.
    One race I watched I counted ~70 cars.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I'd have zero interest in doing any track events there at Hyperfest, it seemed like entirely too small of a course to field any number of cars, I wasn't surprised to see the incident between the two Miatas, in a field that packed.

Is that typical?
    The IMSA Firehawk series used to run at Summit Point with fields of 60-70 cars.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Wonger
    #199 Salazar Blue/White IP/GTS3 M3
    http://www.brakeswap.com
    http://www.roadracetech.com

One race I watched I counted ~70 cars.
    In a race at Summit, that's tight, but do-able (VIR's really the only track around here that can absorb that many and still make for a manageable race); as for HPDEs, though, particularly for the HPDE-1/Group C/D students, more than 35 cars on track at Summit makes for some long trains and some hairy situations.

Thread Information