Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Ron Katona Memorial AX July 30

Thread: Ron Katona Memorial AX July 30

Ron Katona Memorial AX July 30

Registration for the SCCA's Ron Katona Memorial event opens online tonight at 8:00pm http://solo.wdcr-scca.org
    This is a special event at the huge FedEx Field lot and is NOT part of the sCCA's championship series. You do NOT have to be an SCCA member. For those that don't know, Ron Katona was the National Capital Chapter's autocross chairman for several years and one of our best autocrossers.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

How do the fun runs work at this event?
    Between heats? Are they timed?
    I'd like to come out along with Florence.
    Maybe even drive the MINI.

Ron is the sole reason I got involved with the chapter.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Running for "fun" is allowed during the regular heats. This is especially useful if you don't want to run the heat when your class is running.
    Questions on this should be addressed to Craig Garfield clgarfield@verizon.net
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I signed up last night. I was going to do the Cumberland event that weekend, but this seems like a great time for me to FINALLY do an autox at FedEx.

I'm tempted to go do this for seat time but unsure I will be back in the country.

For all intents and purposes, this entire event is fun runs. It is not in any way related to the SCCA series. The entry limit is at 250 people, but current signups are only about 140.

For those of you that have not run at FedEx, the event will be run exactly like a normal SCCA event--half days, 6 heats, non-stop running till all 3 heats of the morning or afternoon are finished. You will need to be there for half the day, not just one heat. It is well worth the time, and the lot is amazing compared to the lots we are able to get for BMW events.

Kevin
    SCCA timing co-chief
    ex-BMW autox chair

Quote Originally Posted by hoyabmw
    For all intents and purposes, this entire event is fun runs. It is not in any way related to the SCCA series. The entry limit is at 250 people, but current signups are only about 140.

For those of you that have not run at FedEx, the event will be run exactly like a normal SCCA event--half days, 6 heats, non-stop running till all 3 heats of the morning or afternoon are finished. You will need to be there for half the day, not just one heat. It is well worth the time, and the lot is amazing compared to the lots we are able to get for BMW events.

Kevin
    SCCA timing co-chief
    ex-BMW autox chair
    Sounds good to me since my car cannot be competitive in any class as it sits... I run Philly events at Ripken, but I guess that's the best lot I've done.

Do It

Craig and the guys put on great events. Any of you who are on the fence, and not regular SCCA season subscribers, this is a great chance to drive (what will probably be) a Greg Olson/Lee Piccione course. Lots of fun, no pressure.

I've entered my ZO6. I'm going to run the car at Cumberland Saturday and at FedEx on Sunday. First time on R Compounds. I'll probably do OK at Cumberland but get dusted at FedEx, because the SS field is so strong.

Cheers.
    2004 Covette ZO6
    2008 Mustang Bullitt

Thread Information