Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
DIY This Weekend
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DIY This Weekend

DIY This Weekend

I just wanted to remind everyone that we have a DIY on the schedule for this Saturday at Convenience Car Care in Manassas.

We only have three people registered right now. It would be great to add a few more.

See the event schedule for the registration form...

Rob
    1988 325iX
    2001 325Xi Touring
    1982 Toyota Landcruiser

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

It's funny. I get emails from people asking about DIYs or why aren't we doing them. Then we hold one and people don't take advantage of it. Granted the summer many people are away but you would think there would be enough DIYers in the area that need access to a lift and help from others.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Darn, as normal I'll be out of town flying. I need to rewire my Aux fan as a colling fan unrelated to AC system. I need to do a headgasket on my 89 325i, could do it on base at the auto hobby shop but it's more enjoyable with fellow enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    It's funny. I get emails from people asking about DIYs or why aren't we doing them. Then we hold one and people don't take advantage of it. Granted the summer many people are away but you would think there would be enough DIYers in the area that need access to a lift and help from others.
    I would love to attend but I forgot and made plans.

I always have a closet full of pieces that should be on my car.

I cross-posted on bf.c to hopefully get some additional interest since I would love to see more events like this.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Is the shop air conditioned? :eeps: If so, I need to corner balance and align...
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd
    Is the shop air conditioned? :eeps: If so, I need to corner balance and align...
    I think so. It's also carpeted.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    I think so. It's also carpeted.
    Good, then he won't get his slacks dirty

I think I have to work this Saturday, but if not... am I allowed to bring a part there to DIY (i.e. an E36 X-brace + hardware). I'm assuming it's a relatively easy install?

I was somewhat confused on the site as it says we need to buy parts from the place???

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins
    I was somewhat confused on the site as it says we need to buy parts from the place???
    I should make that clearer next time. I think the original plan was for people to buy parts from the place if they sold parts, such as a dealer.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Count me in. (Registration form completed.) I have a set of plugs that I need to install, and new air filter.

I know, not exactly heavy duty stuff, but that is probably a good thing

I look forward to meeting everyone.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Looks like I will be coming and meeting a few folks. I'm new to the board. I have a 1994 325i, and I'll be attempting a set of motor mount replacements. I discovered a fan blade tobe broken, so I replaced it, and when I did so, I see that the fan blades can hit the radiator shroud. I believe that usually means a mount has failed. However, I got underneath the car, and can't tell which one, so I guess we'll just replace both then, huh .

Anyway, I can try and assist others when I'm done, assuming my car doesn't fall apart.

-Ernest-

I'm in - after two HPDE's in two months it's time for an oil change and bleed the brakes. If time permits I'd like to mess with the front and rear camber too. I assume they will have the filter and synthetic oil available for purchase on site?

Dave
    Falls Church
    '05 330i
    '84 318i
    Just spoke to Tim at CC and he is ordering the filter for my car so it will be there tomorrow. If you are not bringing parts you might want to call him ahead of time.

-Dave
    Last edited by WNNAM3; 07-08-2005 at 10:25 AM.

The DIY event at Convience on Saturday was GREAT. I got more done in the 3.5 hours in the shop then I would in my garage all day.

I managed to do the following:
    - New drop in air filter
    - New spark plugs
    - Oil change
    - Tightened the bolts on the bottom of the transmission sump that I didn't even know was leaking.
    - Rear differential fluid change
    - Front camber adjustment

I would like to thank Rob for setting the DIY up and the owner Tim Tyrell for being a very gracious host. Tim and his technician Derrick checked on everyone periodically to make sure we had everything we needed. They helped get cars on lifts and provided guidance or any extra tools we required.

The discussions, encouragement, and assistance from the other club members also made for a great afternoon.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

I second SMOODY's comments - good job Rob and thanks again to Tim and his crew at Convience Car Care. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Dave

Thread Information