Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Nitrogen, not air, in the tires?

Thread: Nitrogen, not air, in the tires?

Hybrid View

Question Nitrogen, not air, in the tires?

Well --- sensible to give the dealer his money for it? Regular (all highway) driving?

What's your thoughts?

an advantage of nitrogen is it doesn't change pressures as much with temperature.
    one reason planes use nitrogen for tires. pressures would drop while at high altitude from the freezing temps.
    also good on the track. i see no advantage to using it on the street.

on a side note, if you use nitrogen on track tires, do you fill with nitrogen untill you get your hot pressure you had with regulat air?
    95 M3, 6-speed, 3.73
    Extensive weight reduction
    Website

This topic has come up before. Some good discussion took place in the following threads.

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/forum/showt...light=nitrogen

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/forum/showt...light=nitrogen
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

The only reason to do so in a passenger car is that the lack of oxygen inside will reduce the amount of degradation in teh tire due to oxidation. And sicne passenger car tires shouldn't be used for more than 6 - 10 years (is expecteed to become US law or regulation at some point) this isn't a big deal.

And for the track it is convenient, since a small bottle of N2 will fill a good number of tires, and not require eletricity like a small compressor.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

Nitrogen In Aircraft

We use nitrogen in the nose strut of my airplane because it preserves the rubber in the seals.
    E36 M3
    E46 325xiT
    X5
    "My head hurts, my feet stink, and I don't love Jesus...and if I'm not dead by Thursday I'll be roaring Friday night." ::Jimmy Buffett

Thread Information