Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Nice job at the MSP autox - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nice job at the MSP autox

Quote Originally Posted by John V
    What, nobody's gonna complain about the course? Where's Kevin when you need him?
    Not much to complain about there. The out and back made me think of rosecroft, and it was just long enough to hit the rev limiter. I didn't really think it was too tight, I just needed tires. And who was complaining about first gear? That's just for lighting up the tires at the start

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by hoyabmw
    The out and back made me think of rosecroft, and it was just long enough to hit the rev limiter.
    I couldn't disagree more. The vast majority of the autocrosses I've attended at Rosecroft raceway have been technically challenging and far from monotonous. For the most part, I think the PCA guys do an excellent job of utilizing the limited amount of space and undamaged asphalt available at that lot. This is the course layout of the last PCA Potomac autocross at Rosecroft:

Definitely not just "out and back," in my opinion.

P.S. Just FYI, I'm not complaining about the course layout at all. I enjoyed it. I was just responding to Hoya's comment about Rosecroft.
    Last edited by CHawley; 06-02-2006 at 10:12 AM.

Does it still resemble the surface of Mars?

Alex
    Interrobanged.

TeamWTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by BahnBaum

Alex
    I doubt they have any plans to ever repave that lot, especially since their other lots are, uh, gravel and dirt.
    Are you sure it was something you read, Peter? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by BahnBaum
    LOL, sadly... yes. Like I said, though, the course designers always do an excellent job of (somehow) working around the patches of horrible pavement. Actually, the major imperfections in the lot are shown on the course map that I posted. Each of those shaded ovals are pot holes. Hahah.
    Last edited by CHawley; 06-02-2006 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerMike
    How long do results usually take to hit the website?
    Results are up.
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=15,830,0,0,1,0
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by etherpool
    Great day, great course. Kudos to all involved!!
    The lot reminded me of Harry Grove Stadium in Frederick - thankfully without the dips and light poles. Dave LaSalle agreed wilth me that "in the old days" we would have had a faster course and used 1/3 the cones. We might not have been able to run two cars at once though.

I ran the Cumberland Airport autocross yesterday. Needed 3rd gear in the M3 three times! Very few BMWs there, but lots of Corvettes, Porsches and seven Cobra replicas.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3
    The lot reminded me of Harry Grove Stadium in Frederick - thankfully without the dips and light poles. Dave LaSalle agreed wilth me that "in the old days" we would have had a faster course and used 1/3 the cones. We might not have been able to run two cars at once though.

I ran the Cumberland Airport autocross yesterday. Needed 3rd gear in the M3 three times! Very few BMWs there, but lots of Corvettes, Porsches and seven Cobra replicas.
    I wanted to head up there today, but I was still recovering from a long night. I'll be out to the next Cumberland event... it's not often there are events near me out here in Western MD. The only other closest events are the MB Club autoxes.

Autox 2 Results

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    My car was mis-classed.

I actually registered in the X Class, street tire portion. We had a discussion about this in an earlier thread, where I was asking about the MINI classes. I thought it was agreed I could run in the X Class, but tell me if this isn't possible.

Another thing: my car is modified, and if it absolutely MUST be in a MINI class, it has to be in the modded version.

I'm guessing someone looked at my entry and said "Huh?" and didn't know what to do.

Anyhow, if you could fix it, that would be great. And I would prefer the X Class in the future if possible.

Cheers,

Jim
    2004 Covette ZO6
    2008 Mustang Bullitt

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarris
    My car was mis-classed.

I actually registered in the X Class, street tire portion. We had a discussion about this in an earlier thread, where I was asking about the MINI classes. I thought it was agreed I could run in the X Class, but tell me if this isn't possible.

Another thing: my car is modified, and if it absolutely MUST be in a MINI class, it has to be in the modded version.

I'm guessing someone looked at my entry and said "Huh?" and didn't know what to do.

Anyhow, if you could fix it, that would be great. And I would prefer the X Class in the future if possible.

Cheers,

Jim
    No problem. I'll have Adam change it back. You were in X Class but Adam goes through and double checks all the classes before posting the results (there are usually several errors). I just sent him an email to let him know.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarris
    My car was mis-classed.

Jim
    So Jim, you're saying you'd rather be 1st in a class of 13 cars than 1st in a class of one car? Good Thinking. Congratulations.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

So Jim, you're saying you'd rather be 1st in a class of 13 cars than 1st in a class of one car? Good Thinking. Congratulations.
    Didn't he win X Class last season?

---Eric

Last time I let John V. drive my car....

Neil

Is there any fun being 1st in a class of one?
    I won a trophy for being 2nd or 3rd simply because I showed up at every event.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    Is there any fun being 1st in a class of one?
    I won a trophy for being 2nd or 3rd simply because I showed up at every event.
    I'll let you know at the end of the season.

---Eric

Thread Information